Japshow Santa Pod

johnymd

Club Member
I will be going this sunday, along with Terry. Anyone else like to join in the fun, or just come and see Terry's car run. Weather looks good to so no excuss.

Yep I'll be there complete with my 6 hour hybrid catch tank installation

well there's so much boost I need to let it out somewhere

I've high hopes for you 2 this weekend. 11.29 is the time to beat and Competition is the best way to push the boundaries. Surely one of us must move into the 10's and impress the crouds.

attachment.php

I've high hopes for you 2 this weekend. 11.29 is the time to beat and Competition is the best way to push the boundaries. Surely one of us must move into the 10's and impress the crouds.

John I was thinking today, in all the times I've raced you I've never beat you yet :bow:

Maybe this weekend I will finally get my chance :D

looking at mine and wyns dyno sheets there like chalk and cheese

That they are!! The Wyn's engine is making half the power of yours till it all comes in. Loosing some off the top to give more lower down and less of a spike should/would make it 'quicker'.

You're lucky that you've got an engine with a high specific output that responds well to forced induction, hand built and reliable.

I will be there to watch you guys hope the weather stays good for you will be interesting to see what process you've all made good luck may the best man win:bow:

Derrick ;)

If we are comparing dyno graphs then take a look of this one. This is all the power you need to run an 11.2@131mph in a 1284kg Z with driver and half a tank of fuel. According to my calculations, every 80hp above mine will allow you to spin your tyres and go nowhere for an extra second :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
According to my calculations, every 80hp above mine will allow you to spin your tyres and go nowhere for an extra second :)

Still need to look at the big picture tho John
For 12 secs it matters, after that spinning the tyres is part of the charm ;)

tbh having driven mine before and after on the road I wouldn't want any less :D

I'm not saying I don't want more, we all want more power and it power becomes very addictive. You never have enough. Using it becomes harder but that becomes part of the fun and I'm sure we will all have fun at the strip tomorrow.

Guys the power you have is ridiculous for an S30 - it's World Sportscar (Le mans etc) power from the 60s and 70s. It can only be of any use in a straight line after the first 50-100 meters surely.

I would really be interested to see what time the 3 cars can lap Donington, Mallory, Cadwell etc in. I've been in John's car around Spa so I know that's pretty quick, but how quick compared to a well set-up L series?

What do you reckon Matt?

Guys the power you have is ridiculous for an S30 - it's World Sportscar (Le mans etc) power from the 60s and 70s. It can only be of any use in a straight line after the first 50-100 meters surely.

I would really be interested to see what time the 3 cars can lap Donington, Mallory, Cadwell etc in. I've been in John's car around Spa so I know that's pretty quick, but how quick compared to a well set-up L series?

What do you reckon Matt?

Read this again and realised it could be mis-interpreted. By 'ridiculous' power I mean 'huge'.

Well I managed a best time but only by a rats little bit :D

But then John moved the goal post yet again :smash:

attached time sheet is from my efforts today

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    764.4 KB · Views: 28
btw next and last rwyb this year is 26.10.14 :eek:

YEP THATS JUST 2 WEEKS TIME :thumbs:

Will be lost without it :D

Back