Japanese Performance Show - 18th August 19 | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Japanese Performance Show - 18th August 19

Discussion in 'Shows & Meets' started by Woody928, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi All,

Another show to put on your radar for this season, this time its the only indoor Jap car show in the country (albeit we have an outdoor stand). The club has generously offered to sponsor a club stand for this event for those who are interested can now purchase tickets via the website below:

https://www.japaneseperformanceshow.co.uk/

We are limited to 10 cars on the stand so these will be allocated on a first come first served basis, if the demand is there I will try my best to negotiate with the organisers.

Any questions then give me a shout, however it would be great to have a club presence there.

Cheers,

Mark

Attendance list:

Woody
    JakeRAH
    JonnyMD
    Huw
    Mikee
    8658kv
    Chrisvega
    Jay
    TimW

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Mikee likes this.
  2. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

The club has to pay £300 for an outside stand at this show and then on top of that tickets are £13.50 per person?
    Without the cars the organisers have no show.... :confused:

Neil likes this.
  3. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Calm down and take a 0 off of that crazy price! To attend tickets are £13.50 per person....

How much are tickets to the Silverstone Classic again? :p

4. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

£ 30 for a 10 car stand, much more sensible but I still don't think it is a good principle to charge clubs at all, especially a new show trying to establish itself in a crowded market. Silverstone Classic is the UK premier classic car event and car clubs are not charged to have a stand.

Principles aside, will check the diary ;)

Jake RAH likes this.
  5. Jay.

Jay.
    Z Club Member

I think the business model is unfair.. People are coming to see the cars, and that means the organizers will be making money off the admission tickets to see those cars.... So why are they then also charging the clubs?? Without the clubs there would be no show..

Then again, a few friends are looking to go so I'll probably go anyway :unsure:

Mr Ex Jnr and Jake RAH like this.
  6. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

Booked my ticket. Out of interest how do they know who's with which club as they don't ask?
    I added Zclub.net & what car I'll be taking into the notes section just to clarify.

Woody928 and chrisvega like this.
  7. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say that I agree with it either, however I don't think they'll take lessons on morals from me...

Also the club has funds for exactly these occasions and a member expressed an interest so I've organised it with the clubs blessing, please don't shoot the messenger. Let's keep it on topic, it would be good to catch up with as many members who can make it!

At the end of the day 'you' only need to find £13.50 for an entry ticket :thumbs:

8. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Unsure on that front dude, I've not actually managed to book myself in yet dude. Sounds like a plan, I imagine I'll be told the exact location that'll be marked out for us when we arrive, which I know will be between the two main halls.

9. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Bump, any more takers? Please post up if you've booked a ticket...

10. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

I'd be up for this.

Woody928 likes this.
  11. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member

I’ve booked a ticket.

Woody928 likes this.
  12. strugrat

strugrat
    Z Club Member

Pending paint and gearbox rebuild completion I would be up for this. Not booked yet though.

Woody928 likes this.
  13. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

Well this is handy for me but I'm not certain of my availability yet.

14. Mikee

Mikee
    Z Club Member

I’m in. Ticket purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody928 likes this.
  15. 8658kv

8658kv
    Z Club Member

Also in,ticket purchased.

Woody928 likes this.
  16. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice one chaps, looks like we should get another decent turn out :)

Anymore who would like to join us?

17. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Bump, this is creeping up on us fast and the deadline is one week before the event for tickets.

18. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Bump, deadline for car entry tickets is this Sunday (one week before the event). It would be great to see lots of members there!

Current attendees based on the above:

Woody
    JakeRAH
    JonnyMD
    Huw
    Mikee
    8658kv

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone? Lots of interest expressed but not tickets purchased, just let me know :)

19. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

I bought a ticket a couple of weeks ago.

Woody928 likes this.
  20. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

Club Ticket purchased.

Woody928 likes this.