Jap Show 2006 - 25th June

Mr.F

Inactive
The Z Club will have a 30 car area at both Jap Shows this year. Jap Show 1, 25th June also corresponds with Round 3 of the Drag Race Challenge and is also Day 2 of the Back to Billing weekend. Billing Aquadrome is only a small hop from Santa Pod, so it will be easy to combine the two - Saturday at Billing, camp or hotel, up bright and early for the Jap Show on Sunday!
Competitors in the Drag Challenge and members wishing to attend as show cars will need to pre-book space with Mike Feeney beforehand. This will secure a Club Privileged Parking Pass to get you in ahead of the paying public and gain entry to our allocated area. I have regquested hard-standing pitside, but previous attendees will know this is not always possible.

Extract from the Jap Show website (www.japshow.com) below to get the juices flowing:

During the course of 2006, Santa Pod Raceway hosts two doses of the finest Jap Drag Racing in Europe. The first JapShow takes place on Sunday 25 th June, and incorporates the following:
1pt.gif
Run What Ya Brung Competition: Get your car on the famous track and see what it can do! £15 for 3 runs, with a full performance print-out available for each run. You will need to bring your normal road driving licence to sign-on. Trophies for fastest in class, classes coming soon! For more RWYB info visit www.rwyb.com.

1pt.gif
Pro Shootout: Showcase drag race for Europe 's fastest Jap drag cars. Witness the 9-second, 1,000 bhp cars in action with seat-of-the-pants competition. New for 2006 is the Front-Wheel-Drive class running alongside the 4WD and RWD cars!
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Amazing Demo Cars: If you haven't seen the 270mph jet car in action, you don't even know what the words "fast" and "loud" mean! See it at the JapShow doing what it does best. Also on track are stunt shows from the UK 's best stunt drivers, and drag demos from mega-power national drag racers.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Meguiars Show Car Paddock: Whether you've got a classic or modified Jap show car, if it's something special, make sure you enter it into the Meguiars Show Car Paddock. No need to pre-enter, just park up on the day. More details coming soon.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Off Track: Traders, Sideshows and pole dancers all day. Hot and cold food and drink to suit all tastes.
1pt.gif

dynos.jpg
1pt.gif
Dyno Mobile: The Dyno Mobile will be at the show, allowing you to test your car for power and torque. Normally dyno sessions cost a small fortune, but for just £35 you get a full run-up, with a colour print-out chart of the power curve and torque-curve of your car, showing maximum power and the power band to use for best performance on the road. There is also the option to have your fuel mixture monitored at all revs to check if the car is running rich or lean at different engine speeds. Sorry- not suitable for 4WD cars.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Club Displays/Camping: Club display areas and club camping areas are available for booking. For 2006 booking enquires call 01234 782828, discounts available on large group bookings. Check which clubs have booked at JapShow 2006 on the Clubs page.
1pt.gif

autotrader.gif
1pt.gif
AutoTrader Cars for Sale Paddock: When you're looking for your next set of wheels, where's the first place you look? AUTOTRADER of course! Which is why we're bringing Autotrader to you! If you've got a car you want to sell, park it up in the Autotrader Cars For Sale Paddock, stick your phone number on the dashboard, and wait for the calls to come flooding in. Weather you're buying, selling or browsing, this is the best way to shift cars at the show. And the best bit…? It's FREE for both buyers and sellers!
1pt.gif
MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT! - JapShow Test Day - Saturday 24th June
Run What Ya Brung Competition: £20 for unlimited runs, don't forget your driving licence! The best times of the day will carry over to Sunday.
Clubs Welcome: Camping available.

Mike can I book two spaces for Chris and myself - cheers
do you need money?

This is so unfair. I really want to go, but am pre-booked to go a local non-car-related event. It's too close to my Le Mans trip for me to get away with taking the Z somewhere!

do you need money?

Pre-booking is for privileged parking passes only (one required per car on the display area). This gets you on site ahead of the general public. You pay the normal fees at the gate - £15 per person. If you go to the web site for Jap Show (www.japshow.com) you can pre-book at £12 per person.

Pay for track time on the day at 3 runs a time. Buy early as sign-ons will be limited.

Can I have one please Mike, cant stay too long (up till about 2 pm) as I am flying out on Holiday later than night -- damn holidays getting in the way of car stuff:mad:

I'm not working that weekend so I'll be there................but no Z so I'll park with the punters:( .

Back