its getting there!

and the last one, oh these shots are just primer!

Attachments

• z primer 3.JPG
    z primer 3.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 159
Thats very... red! :D What are the white bits? Sealant? Are you going over it all with that black tar stuff as well? I have no idea what the process is... but will no doubt have to learn! :D

Looks good Grolls.

What contraption are you using to turn the chassis on its side ??

looking very tasty!!!!!

will you be using a stone chip protector on the underneath ?

Markp.comThats very... red! :D What are the white bits? Sealant? Are you going over it all with that black tar stuff as well? I have no idea what the process is... but will no doubt have to learn

first, eching primer (red) the white and the black are 2 different types of seam sealer,then the underside will be stone chipped and then painted with 2 pack and then all the cavities will be pumped full of waxoyl. that then will hopefully mean no rot for many a year to come. by the black stuff i assume you mean underseal? yuck i hate that stuff,even though it previously saved the underneath of the car its very messy and looks terrible in my opinion hence why im stone chipping it, which is a soft sealer that has a hard cust form on top that can be painted.

MrG240ZLooks good Grolls.

What contraption are you using to turn the chassis on its side ??

The contraption that is holding the car at each end is Fourways roll over equipment (it bolts to the chassis points where your bumpers mount)
The single wheel that is bolted where the engine cross member would normally be is Fourways own design, it has two wheels bolted to the rear (not in pic) this allows the shell to be moved about easily.

Looks quality mate, good work! When you're done I'll buy it off you ;)

How much may I ask is this fourways roller? I think I'll make one myself but its a good idea. Even with a ramp its easier like that.

Russ said:
How much may I ask is this fourways roller? I think I'll make one myself but its a good idea. Even with a ramp its easier like that.

its not my roll over gear, its Fourways as the car is in their workshop.:D

Ohhhhhhh now that explains a few things.

Have to make one then :)

Did you get your shell from them? It looks perfect. I am looking to source a genuine (original bulk head) and very very good 70/71/72 RHD 240 rolling shell for a long term project. Or was yours pretty good and the wizards at Fourways made it very good?

Russ said:
Ohhhhhhh now that explains a few things.

Have to make one then :)

Did you get your shell from them? It looks perfect. I am looking to source a genuine (original bulk head) and very very good 70/71/72 RHD 240 rolling shell for a long term project. Or was yours pretty good and the wizards at Fourways made it very good?
as per normal my car had its problems, i was lucky, the car had been in a barn for 12 years and was smothered in underseal (about 6 black bags worth after i hot air gunned it off) more time and money was spent putting other ppls repairs right rather than bringing the shell upto scratch....lots of bodgers out there!

as for your sheel or bulk head russ, i know Fourways have a 260 bulk head in stock not sure about a 240 one. they also had a new 240 shell...not sure if they sold it or indeed the cost!

I think I'll just wait for a very good shell to turn up (no hurry) and then spend forever making it just so afterwards. Wanted to learn how to use a sheet metal bender and english wheel etc anyway lol.

Cheers, keep us posted.

That is some fine looking bottom you have there :D
Respect to all the hrs you must put in :cool:

Well Grolls I have to say that the bottom of your car looks nicer than the top of mine. Good luck mate, I hope it contunues to go well.

thanks for your comments guys, so far i'm very happy with the way its gone and yes it was shed loads of hard work but i was lucky to find a car with a reasnable underside. I would like to point out that i will never ever blast a car body shell again...jeeeze what a pain.

well i wanted a bright colour jeeze i got it lol

sunglasses please....lol

Attachments

• loud z.JPG
    loud z.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 42
  • z under.JPG
    z under.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
  • side on 3.JPG
    side on 3.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 38
  • z best under.JPG
    z best under.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 39
what colour red is it ? it is really starting to look nice.when are you getting the rest of the car done.

Back