HSCC Round 3 result

Mr.F

Inactive
Charles Barter won the third round of 70s Roadsports at Silverstone on Saturday 17th May. I couldn't be there as Brands Hatch and the 350Z launch had to take precedence! Matt Bannister came third, also in a 240Z and only the Ferrari of William Jenkins was able to separate the Zs on this occasion.

Round 4 at Mallory Park on Sunday 25th May. See you there? Details - ring me on 01277 374201.

Yes, see you there Mike. What time is the Roadsports practice session and race?

Glad I looked on the internet, for some reason I have Rockingham in my diary for today!

As far as I am aware at the moment, qualifying / practice is about 10-00am and race 2-30pm +/-10mins.

I've just got back from Mallory after seeing some very well driven 240Zs trounce the opposition, what a race! Charles and Matt had a very fierce battle up front before Matt was nudged into a spin at the hairpin by an Elan. He recovered well to finish 3rd ( behind a Lotus 7 ). Paul Stafford in his 240 also ran high up the field but I'm not sure of his final position. A very enjoyable day. These meetings are well worth a look and the drivers will also speak to you!!

Thanks for your support Rob! Just to confirm that the race was won by Charles Barter, 240Z. Andy Shepherd inherited second place after the incident between Matt Bannister, 240Z and Alan Harper (Lotus Elan). Matt held off a renewed challenge from the Elan to finish third (second in class). Paul Stafford was eigth in the third 240Z and third in class.

Putting it into perspective, that's 240Zs 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class B 70s Roadsports! Julian Barter (son of Charles) was 4th in class B (TVR 3000M), Peter Gregory (ex-240Z driver, now Maserati Merak) 5th in class B. Total race entry was reduced to 20 cars on this occasion.

I'll remind you all again later, but the next round is at Snetterton 21st June - a Saturday again.

Guys is there a website I can look at on what rulings there are and how a car meets classification, I guess they have to be standard with little engine work?

Sounds fun though, do you ever come to Thruxton?

You need the RAC/MSA "Blue" book which defines the construction regulations for all classes - and, of course, you need to come to some HSCC meetings and talk to the drivers and have a close look at their interpretation of the regulations.

Sadly, Thruxton seems to have been dropped from the Historic calendar. We were there two years ago, but not for 2002 or 2003.

well done guys good to see you put up another stunning show for the Z's. I wish I could get the time to come and see you at some of the meetings but work and hillclimbs get rid of most of the weekends. I assume that you are enjoying racing the Z's as much as we enjoy the hillclimbs.Russ why dont you come up to gurston down this month and meet us june 14th 15th you can see how easy it is to get into motorsport and I might even find a copy of the blue book to give you. ben and dee

Back