HSCC Round 2 result

Mr.F

Inactive
27th April, Round 2 of the 70s Roadsports HSCC Championship at Cadwell Park - you missed a great dice for the lead between two 240Zs (Charles Barter and Matt Bannister) and the Lotus Elan of Alan Harper. Harper qualified on pole, but was outdragged by Barter's 240Z into the first corner and by the end of lap one Bannister was ahead of him too. The three way battle continued until the penultimate lap with Bannister and Harper having swapped second place twice whilst Barter benefitted from the battle behind to extend his lead slightly, although at one point the two 240Zs were side by side for the lead. Sadly, over-enthusiastic late braking by Harper in the Elan caused him to collide with Matt's rear, flipping the 240Z sideways and contact then being made with the OSF wing.

The race finished with Charles Barter retaining his lead, Harper second and Matt Bannister recovering to fourth on the road, but second in class, i.e. 240Zs first and second in Class B.

Racing at its best with continuous excitement involving the cars you love - what more can we offer? Where were you?

Mike, I'd love to be there and see the Zeds race and Cadwell was one of the first circuits from where I watched 'em ! Great circuit.
Thanks for the reports, any chance these guys are gonna show us over here what real racings' like ?

The only International HSCC round is at Spa, 13th / 14th September. I don't know if any of the 240Z guys will be attending - I'll let you know......

If your presence in the U.K. around Billing is extended for a week, you could be at Castle Combe on 2nd August (Saturday).

well done guys sounds like another fun day out. wish we could have got there but work got in the way. Hope to catch u at combe if not before  ben and dee

Can't make it to Castle Coombe but Spa could be fun - I'd take the new Z if someone was racing - even help out in the pits if desired !

Back