How high is your Z?

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
How many off you have lowered your cars?

I just measured a few points on mine and its pretty near standard....

to the highest part of the roof its 124cm, is standard 128cm ?

from the floor to the front screw of the side indicators its 565mm

from the floor to the bottom of the rear light lense its 565mm

floor to front engine cross member is 135mm and floor to moustache bar is 200mm.

Floor to highest part of the roof (checked with a long spirit level) = 123 cm :p

Floor to highest point of the front std. wheelarch = 61.5 cm

Floor to highest point of the rear std. wheelarch = 62 cm

Floor to lowest point of the plastic of the rear lights = 53 cm

Sorry, got no front indicators and can't be arsed at this time in the morning to try and crawl under the car.

You need to get it a bit lower Simon, about the same as Sean's but not as low as mine;)

I just bought a set of 2" lowering springs for mine so I hope it doesn't look like an off road-er when I get it back down off the stands.

Random question for one and all, "how much oil should I put in the strut with my new inserts" ?

Rob

Mine is about 122cm roof
Indicator screw 553mm
front arch 63cm
rear arch 62cm
rear lens 563

I would like to raise the rear a little on mine..

In order to compare it the right way, you all have to measure from the center of the wheels and to the highest part of the arch, (yes i know you have flares Simon) small tires and dent's in the roof don't count, guys.

Chris

I just bought a set of 2" lowering springs for mine so I hope it doesn't look like an off road-er when I get it back down off the stands.

Random question for one and all, "how much oil should I put in the strut with my new inserts" ?

Rob

Until the oil stops coming over the top of the strut when you put the insert in :lol:

My roof is about 123.5 from floor, it can't go any lower with that set up.(chopped 260 springs with only about 1 inch of movement before the bump stops) & no it doesn't bottom.

Attachments

• SAM2.JPG
    SAM2.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
In order to compare it the right way, you all have to measure from the center of the wheels and to the highest part of the arch, (yes i know you have flares Simon) small tires and dent's in the roof don't count, guys.

Chris

I would have thought the front cross member and the moustache bar would be common place on 99% of Z's

All measurements with the statement "about" in the same sentence are null and void !

Nick, how can your rear lights be 4cms higher than mine when the rear arches are exactly the same ?

"Chopped springs" - now there's a man living in the past........

So how low is yours shorty ( what size wheels and tyres) ?:p

Knew I could catch you on the end of my line. ;)

On my 195/60/14 tyres (tallest) my measurements are similar to Nick's apart from rear light.

Roof 122 (yes with assistance of Spirit Level)
Front Arch 63
Rear Arch 61
Front Indicator 55
Rear Light 53

My car is currently a little high at the front but I need shorter springs to lower it (my platform is screwed right down).

....and this little fishy says "chop yer springs down mate - it won't bottom out.........." !

What's the difference in diameter between your 195/60/14s and my 225/50/15s ?

Ok, so if I threw away my useful front brakes and fitted tyres 3cm thinner as per Mr Gaskin, my car would be 1.6cm lower and if I fitted yours to be speedo accurate, mine would be 3cm higher..................? Oh, what to do ?

Nice programme btw - cheers. Does that mean that you're gonna lower yours now ?

Speedo would probably be accurate with Robs tyres its just my tyre was the first entered on the chart so it thinks mine is the correct size, although my speedo and sat nav match.
Yes I'm going to lower it another 25mm all round for now....I've had all the suspension apart a few weeks ago so it should only take 30 mins to do.
I think I need 250lb springs on the front now so I will try 250 all round and see how that goes.

Back