Hooker Exhaust

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, I´ve bought some years ago a Hooker Header.:thumbs:
I`ll like to use it for my car but i havent seen any Company who is selling that kind of compl. Exhaust system which could connect to my Header with those two lines which are going down and are ending with that plate.
Its an U.S. Header, I know but maybe there is a Company in Europe which I coul contact and order a nice Exhaust system.:conf2:

Attachments

• Hooker Exhaust(1).JPG
    Hooker Exhaust(1).JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 46

evtech

Well-Known Forum User
have a go

Hi

Nice header, very tasty, you could make your own system coming staight from those very nice flanges:cool: just get a second pair flame cut and drilled with a gasket and your away, I use demon tweeks http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/ for my own builds they sell pipes/bends/compensators and silencers in both steel and stainless, easy welding or sliding joints if your lulcky.
A few years back I have had dealings with this company http://www.ashleycompetitionexhausts.com/index.htm just of the M6 junction 10 in the heart of the midlands, only problem here is they usually require the car on site to fit a custom/one off system.

Have some fun and build your own, non turbo then I'd go with 2 boxes, small silencer at rear, tack a pretty roll ended tail pipe to it and noone would even know, then fit a larger (possibly a packagble one to control noise/comfort) unit up alongside the prop, with some delecate cutting you could get sliding joints at both boxes with only the flanges to weld and a couple of bends below the diff carrier, that's the nice part about the Z'd setup the rear pipe ain't got to be threaded over the axle.:thumbs:

My 260 has only a single rear box due to the turbo breaking up any nasty loud noise and Iive built it in 2-1/2 inch steel throughout, it has a compesator by the engine from the front pipe and a sliding joint just ahead of the diff.

Regards

Nige

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i have one similar on my 250GTO project but i has not got the flanges on the bottom of the manifold so i have sleeved joints instead,i will post a picture when i have got the system fitted to it to give you a better idea.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Just for ideas - my Nismo 'header' and what happens afterwards !

Last edited by a moderator:

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Trolley jack

Hi sean.
Notice your suspension is built from bit'z from an old engine lift.:D
DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yep - but it'll still p*ss all over yours and mine drives on the road - not sitting in a garage - I'll be at the circuit next Sunday - more 'lost' video coverage...........!

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you very much.
So i will try do get one here around by a manufacture.
Best regards.
Joachim