Holland 2005 International Z Car meeting

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Hello fellow Z club members,

I like to give a preview of the date which we have in our thoughts of celebrating the

4th Holland 2005 International Z Car meeting
18 – 21 august 2005
Thursday arrival
Friday and Saturday entertainment (we have to fill in )
Sunday track day

Including the international TT circuit Assen at sunday
http://www.tt-assen.com/

keep you posted!!

Last edited by a moderator:

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
hi guus
hope u r well
anyone reading this who has never been will miss out on a truly fabulous weekend the last one i went on was completely fantastic
and this one shouldn't be missed.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guus
you could drop Steve Kiddell a line and get this advertised in the next magazine.
Sounds a great weekend

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by suzy
Hi Guus
you could drop Steve Kiddell a line and get this advertised in the next magazine.
Sounds a great weekend

Suzy,

thanks for the tip, it's in his mailbox...

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
Be there if I can, but in solo I am afraid as my fith kid will only be 6 month old... Would we be able to use the track? the small or the real one? Karting...? I am one behind Frank and I need to take my place back... If Sean isn't here that's firts !!!!
I am back to work on the Winter issue of our club mad, ciao...:rolleyes:

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Fred and all,

I don’t know what exactly do mean by small or the real one. We have the large part of the real circuit. I was lucky enough to have the circuit for myself half a day. Last Tuesday a main car magazine and I had a track day on Assen! Well, it was more for a double test, gummy gummy gummy…. There’s one picture in my gallery. I can assure you it will be fun to drive there.
If you look at the website of the circuit and click on the British flag you will be able to go to a demo of the track. Here you can view the circuit at different angels. What you see, at the first ‘shot’, is the larger part and in the background (behind the pit and main tribune), the square part is closed.

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
Short one = you cut the track right after the pits with a full tight right hairpin... :D

Real (long!) one = instead of the hairpin you go through an esse and in the back field ... :)

Both are just great ! I wonder how my ZX would do there ? :rolleyes:

ben240z

Club Member
hi there guus could you find out what the noise testing will be at the circuit on the track day. And also will they let me out in the race car or is it for road cars only. I would love to bring the car back over to holland again and this is the best chance of doing it. Hope all is well with you regards ben stapley

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Ben,

I forwarded your questions to the contact man. Somewhere next week will have the answer.
Don’t be afraid to bring the racer, this is an officially ‘F1’ bike circuit and also in use for race cars. So the only point would be the noise but that is adjustable.

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Ben,

Here your answer; 85db. I can‘t tell you if this is loud or not. I must say the standard racer nowadays isn’t as load as it was way back…….

Attachments

• clip_image001.jpg
    clip_image001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 88

ben240z

Club Member
hi guus thankyou for that. I doubt that any 240z will pass a noise test that low unless it is measured at very low revs or by a drive past measurement. Certainly there is no way I could get my car to run that quiet with engine running!!!!!!!!!!! The normal way of testing is to measure the noise at 5000 rpm at 1/2 metre from exhaust and at 45 degrees to the tail pipe. On that test my engine would be about 105db. Sadly it looks like we will not be bringing the car over. speak soon ben

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
:eek: Ben couldn't you use a bolt on Supertrapp end? just for track day when sound (music!!!!) is close watched?
They have one that you just bolt on to the end of your pipe and voilà... :D
half the sound is cut with NO loss of power!!! I have one supertrapp on my ZX and it's just great !!!!

My two euro-cents here !!!

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Tomorrow I’ll show my solution to a cheap noise reduction. It will cost you 3 euro’s!
Don’t miss this event.
Funny it is while we, the car magazine and I, were there I drove around with open pipes for a whole aftrenoon??. And I can assure you they make a lot of noise!!!

ben240z

Club Member
hi guus i look forward to hearing you solution to the problem and hope that it will work as I really dont want to miss this event. As you know I bought the car over to Zandvort and want the opportunity to bring the car back to it's home country again.
Thanks for that boomer, what size pipe will this supertrap end fit onto as at the moment I have a 2 1/2 inch tail pipe and possibly going bigger on the new system
Cheers ben

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Ben,

What you see is a self made resonator…. I myself have also pipes of 50mm I believe this 2 1/2 inch.
Buy a threaded pin, two? I don’t know the correct words for it. It’s in your sink. Plus one alu/steel frying pan cleaner and there you have it….
It really helps believe me.

Attachments

• 111-1174_img.jpg
    111-1174_img.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 103

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
so, where are all those i want track days club members and mates , why are not many people showing interest,
it will be a great weekend meeting , and shouldnt be missed and there is plenty of time to get booked up.

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
the forms are here!!!!!

You waited long enough for this but here it is…..
Read all about it in the attached files!

any takers?????;)

Attachments

• ZZX Club Holland Jubilee 2005 Description.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ZZX Club Holland Jubilee 2005 Registration form.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 6

ben240z

Club Member
guus you havnt said how the sound testing is going to be carried out. Is it half metre from the car at 5000 rpm or is it at a distance while driving past the meter. I would love to come but there is no way even with a trap over the exhaust I can get the noise as low as 85db measured at half a metre. cheers ben

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Ben and others,

I just phoned the guy of the track.. He told they measure the sound with a ‘sound meter’ beside the track.
Problem for the circuit is; they got from the government a curtain amount of extra sound track days.. Some with ‘Grand Prix’ noise (like the TT motor race), some with a little less… if they use those given days for for instance the Datsun Z club. If we make to much noise, they could loos that extra important sound day for a big event…. I hope this makes it clear they will check carefully..

But as I stated before in this thread there’s always a solution….. which I made myself. Because I'm a noise maker myself!!!!