Hello from Galway

neoman

Active Forum User
Hi lads just joined. I've just bought a z31 300zr so thought i'd better join up and see what the crack is with them. she's an 87 ZR with a VG30 DET conversion, a one off intercooler, uprated ecu, turbo, lowered,exhaust, boost controller. I purchased her from the japanese auctions and am awaiting delivery in a few weeks. is there anything I need to watch out for on them? she's had an engine overhaul before the conversion and has done only 62,000 kilometers anyway.

Attachments

• fairlady zr.jpg
    fairlady zr.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 27
  • fairlady zr rear.jpg
    fairlady zr rear.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 18
what is it about black Z31?? They just look so good!

Welcome Neoman, look forward to seeing more photos of your car in sunny Galway!

suzy said:

Agreed - they suit black very well.

After seeing Mikes 200ZR recently and seeing how small it is, I am developing a soft spot for them.

I agree, I am not a Z31 fan, apart from this one, the drift one I saw, MattDaKavs etc

drift-z31.jpg

title.gif

suzy said:

Welcome Neoman, look forward to seeing more photos of your car in sunny Galway!

don't know bout the sunny bit lol. I can't wait to get her now, they're very rare around here as i've yet to see one in Ireland never mind Galway. I've a thing for rare cars I just sold a jza70 supra mk3 2.5 Twin Turbo R manual and before that I had a beautiful mitsi Starion 2.6 Turbo manual. Both cars were brought from the motherland in the East. I've pics below of them.I loved the starion but the supra had serious power and a cracker of an LSD. I had planned on a 240z with a wide arch kit done but the few i've seen over there were either rusty or went for crazy money so I said I'd give the z31 a lash and see what she's like. lookin forward to her now. Just noticed too that she has twin headlamps . Are these an option os standard or is it a common mod on them?
thanks for the welcome guys.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 143173.jpg
    143173.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 143175.jpg
    143175.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 9
you've try the rest, now drive the best:rolleyes:

Can't say I've seen twin headlights on Uk cars but don't know about what options there were for the Japanese market - I'm sure someone will know. You shouldn't give up on the 240Z dream. If you don't mind me asking what was "crazy money" to buy a 240Z out in Japan?

suzy said:
you've try the rest, now drive the best:rolleyes:

Can't say I've seen twin headlights on Uk cars but don't know about what options there were for the Japanese market - I'm sure someone will know. You shouldn't give up on the 240Z dream. If you don't mind me asking what was "crazy money" to buy a 240Z out in Japan?
starting bid on her was over 1,000,000 jpy which is 7,000 euro round about. don't know what she finished at as I didn't bid on her. I can find out for ya when the next clean one goes through i'll put a low bid on her and then I can see whats she sells for. i've seen lots of them though well by lots i mean from one a week to 7 a week then nothing for 2 weeks, standard and modified. also 280z's and other z31's

Back