Hall of fame

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I looked at a recent copy of the hall of fame and couldnt see my entry on the overal tab (although its still top of class 1)

Also could someone edit Terrys entry its listed as NA, last time I looked he had stuck a flaming great supercharger on it

Could someone fix it, some of us took great pride in achieving those numbers and ensuring the tables were kept accurate

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

johnymd

Club Member
I think Terry's time in class 1 was with a N/A L series.

Interesting to see where the new project may fit in. It run a 13.7@108mph. The high terminal gives me hope I can bring the times down a little with the same engine.

I noticed in class 7 my car has the old times. I've gone quicker twice since then. I'll post up my time slip latter if someone could update the tables sometime.

johnymd

Club Member
First run with no NOS.

This was the only time last year that my clutch wasn't slipping. I did a few runs later with 60' in the 1.6's but all low terminals and ET's due to the clutch or missed gear changes.

Still hopeful of a 10 now the box and clutch both feel good. I'll try not to let the new project get in the way of this year drag fun.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Jonny said:
I think Terry's time in class 1 was with a N/A L series.

His class 1 run of 13.1 is right

I was refering to the main page and the 11.6 run

9 11.6098 123.85 Terry Taylor 240Z BMW M3 NA slicks 7 2014 CHJ 490G

Anyway I digress, can the keeper of the records spend a little time doing some housekeeping, its such as shame if a fantastic collection of over 20 years of data became inaccurate.

Johhny ref 4 BOA
The problem with the 4 BOA legacy is that the data that came out of the runs in 1997 is minimal and (this may upset some rose tinted glasses) doesnt stack up, we know the 13.77 is genuine but....... 13.77 with an anecdotal terminal of 108 is odd, either the 60ft was dreadful, he missed a gear, stopped for a fag, used fifth gear or the 108 has grown over time. (take johnny Mason's run of 13.1 in 2008/9 his terminal was 104, his 60ft was sub 2 seconds but 13.1 versus 13.77 the gap is huge thats around 5 or 6 car lengths.

Plus you cant compare data from turbo runs as they are always skewed with his terminal speeds due to the power delivery profile.

But some fag packet maths says that if the 60ft were fixed then the car should have been capable of of a low 13 second pass without doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
... can the keeper of the records spend a little time doing some housekeeping, its such as shame if a fantastic collection of over 20 years of data became inaccurate.....

And the 'keeper' of the records is?

I think MrF is the man who now keeps his eye on this (after RH departure).

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
[QUOTERob]And the 'keeper' of the records is?[/QUOTE]

I don't know Rob, that why I asked the question :smash:

johnymd

Club Member
That may well be the latest one Terry. I have bettered my time 3 times since the 11.20 but probably didn't tell anyone!!!

I have not been to the pod much this year but have put a number of 11.1 runs in. Jap show in 2 weeks will be my next attempt of beating my 11.10s run.

Mr.F

Inactive
Revised with JB's new details and also pMac's new time from York.

Can only do this with sight of official printed confirmation of official timing slips...