Guernsey 240Z comping up for sale?

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Looks very nice, but as the saying goes you have to go and see it in the flesh, the price isn't " too strong" either!! Does anyone know it?:thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't know the car or the seller but I was in contact with him a couple of weeks ago when I saw it mentioned on the VW KG listing. People are always asking me where to find one so I pointed them in this direction.

Judging from his KG, his Datsun pictures and his internet communication with me ------ my hunch is that this is a very good buy. Sometimes you just get that positive feeling about a car don't you?

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Rob

Agree, I have a good vibe from Chris, but i really dont want a white car again. Trival detail it may seem, I could repaint/respray but that would be defeating the point a bit. Seller has a nice collection. He did say it has a Z club sticker on it so it has been around before.

I know Z farm have something coming in soon as well.

Rob

Agree, I have a good vibe from Chris, but i really dont want a white car again. Trival detail it may seem, I could repaint/respray but that would be defeating the point a bit. Seller has a nice collection. He did say it has a Z club sticker on it so it has been around before.

I know Z farm have something coming in soon as well.

Have you seen the cars for sale in France at the minute? they seem to be the best on the market.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Have you seen the cars for sale in France at the minute? they seem to be the best on the market.

Yes lovely cars but LHD. A LHD car in a RHD country is a point to consider - not major but it will affect the value, driving experience and insurance.

Yes lovely cars but LHD. A LHD car in a RHD country is a point to consider - not major but it will affect the value, driving experience and insurance.

Insurance was the same when I did quotes, value will always be the same in a European market? Driving, well planning overtakes better;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Franky, keep you car LHD - I fully understand and agree with the reasoning.

Just bear in mind that you are driving (owning) an American market car in the UK. If you were to export a UK S30 into America how would that sell?

Franky, keep you car LHD - I fully understand and agree with the reasoning.

Just bear in mind that you are driving (owning) an American market car in the UK. If you were to export a UK S30 into America how would that sell?

Its not quite the same thing as there's a good amount to choose from there, an owner could always convert if they really wanted to, how many of the very good cars over here are American shells anyway?

I wonder if at some point it would make sense sending a LHD car back across the pond?:p

istoo

Well-Known Forum User

Yep, I have a good route for importing stateside, but... can i live with a LHD car? If it was a track/sprint/hillclimb car. Then yes. If its a weekend occasional car, no.

This one is the latter.

Although if a bargain LHD race car came along i might have to let the M3 go...

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
Like hot cakes:thumbs:.:lol:..anything RHD carries a big premium stateside;)

That's the case in Japan too but I'm not sure how well a s30 left hooker would sell over there.

I remember when visiting, LHD were deemed as more desirable.

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
The seller sent me a heap of emails and history/photos on Monday. I was up to my neck in work yesterday 17 hour day, replied this morning asking to put down a deposit. He took a deposit last night from someone else...

fry-argh-1.gif

There was one coming to zfarm, but that isnt happening now. So nowt too look at, hhhrumph.

The seller sent me a heap of emails and history/photos on Monday. I was up to my neck in work yesterday 17 hour day, replied this morning asking to put down a deposit. He took a deposit last night from someone else...

fry-argh-1.gif

There was one coming to zfarm, but that isnt happening now. So nowt too look at, hhhrumph.

what about the ones on car and classic?

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User

fry-argh-1.gif

or you could have a really really nice one depending on your pockets...

Attachments

• 1280.JPG
    1280.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1288.JPG
    1288.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 1303.JPG
    1303.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1285.JPG
    1285.JPG