GTO Replica on Ebay

Mr.G

Club Member
For al you GTO lovers..

Looks like this guy has gone to great lengths to make the car as close as possible to an original, even the chassis has been lengthend!

CLICK HERE

the problem with doing a replica is that they are not something anyone can do .if i was to make a mould to make a replica i would be to make it more user friendly for assembly and fitment,because at the end of the day it is only a replica !!!!!!!

i would like to build a TOYOTA 2000GT replica as i think this could be better than a ferrari kit car from a build point of view.

Now that is a very interesting idea moggy and I like the irony of it too, the car NISSAN should have built but didnt.

With it being so similar to a 240Z it should also be a lot easier maybe. GO FOR IT!! :)

Luckily Nissan didn't build it as there would've been less and no chance for us to buy 'em ! We 'only' got the Z which doesn't upset me too much :)

Nice idea for a 2000GT replica though !

Name me a project that doesn't :) Something original and merits exploration ! No cabriolets though - make it a coupé as originally intended !

SeanDezart said:
Name me a project that doesn't :) Something original and merits exploration ! No cabriolets though - make it a coupé as originally intended !
Eww no, those coupes aren't nice at all... rosettas or what ever they are called... not my bag! :)

Sean

i have got this other gto kit and that is what i would use as a base for a toyota 2000gt as the front end is quite similar to the gto in quite few ways and then i would just work my way back on the car.proberly be about a year before i can even start to do this but at least i have alll the parts in place to be able to do this and it something i am very keen to do as the toyota is one of my favourite cars of all time.
so if any wants a back end of a ferrari gto kit i have got one spare !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

you must be joking !!!!!just look at that engine !!!!!! but a very nice link, it will come in handy.

Oh come on! Its a foul miss mash of a machine... the Frankenstein GTO! :D

Yeah, the engine rocks, but something doesn't look right about its shape... look at those lights?! Its fugly! :D

Mark, you disappoint me ! The only thing saving me from coming over and shooting you to put you out of your misery is that it takes all sorts.....
And yep, everyone is entitled to their tastes but to say it's ugly.....! Consider when it was designed, no...I won't get drawn into this - you're mad !

Moggy, if you can get this book - do it !

Toyota 2000GT - The complete History of Japans' First Supercar by Shin Yoshikawa
ISBN 0-932128-10-6 published (in 2002) by K.A.I Lebec, California (email - kai@frazmtn.com

It's in English and Japanese !

The Z deserves a book like this !!!

You clearly have no taste what so ever! Its a very poor 250 gto rip off! Its ugly as sin, like someone took all the beauty, fine styling and classic design of the ferrari, then butchered it!

Its a foul beast of a car and thats why it failed because its ugly!

Now you've been told, so go and take some lines out of your footer as it really doesn't need to be so long... think of all the extra milage you're putting on peoples scroll wheels... some people just don't care do they!? ;)

Does the p in Markp.com stand for Philistine?

Maybe you should reserve judgement until you have seen one in the metal. Same goes for the 250 GTO come to think of it :p

Should have gone to Specsavers, Sir! :p :confused: ;) :)

If it comes to it - I think the 250GTO isn't the most beautiful car to come out of Maranello - I reserve that for the 275 GTB !
The GTOs' nose is too low - like some elephant sat on the bonnet and those air scoops break the line too ! The side vents leave great gaps in the profile and the rear spoiler is as asthetic as that of the Z !
But it is/was a thinly disguised road version of a racing car - bit like us saying that the Nissan R390 proto racer isn't a good shopping car - never was designed to be !
So, the 250GTO went well (purposeful/capable) but isn't beautiful - imho ! :)

The 275 GTB looks like an unfinished 250GTO... before they got the design right.

hehehe you girls, fighting over cars... you all know I'm right, so please take your incorrect opinions elsewhere. ;)

Sen darling, I have broadband and a 30" screen, lucky me... I just wonder why your footer needs to be larger than anyone elses here... ;)

Back