Great Japanese car up for auction

great car and fantastic translation.

"It is fast, is! It is conspicuous! To contents end in addition to you read well, bid you ask"

Sounds like yoda is the seller.

its about £14,000 give or take £500 depending on which money converter you use

The bonnet doesnt line up either and those arches look bodged.

srf777z432r-img600x450-1131236111dscf0024.jpg

MrG240Z said:
The bonnet doesnt line up either and those arches look bodged.
George,
What looks 'bodged' about the arches ( Overfenders )?

They are copies of Nissan's own homologated 'Sports Option' aerodymanic kit, as used on the Group 4 & Group 5 race cars in Japan. This is the 'Type B' version with the full-width front airdam.

Here's a *real* one:

Attachments

• Works240ZR-NisFest2002-1.jpg
    Works240ZR-NisFest2002-1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 53
I love the classic looks of all the older datsuns/nissans but just look at that lovely 350Z in the background. Knock me back but if you want to talk corruption John. That bloody cars got me saving.................:D

Albrecht said:
George,
What looks 'bodged' about the arches ( Overfenders )?
I like the blended in rear arch look and these, maybe its the angle, look stuck on....--------->Standing back for the barrage!:eek:

You won't get any "barrage" from me, George.

The car in question is supposedly a 'replica' of a well-known race car built by Nissan's own competitions department. The 'Overfenders' of the original race car were made of FRP, and were pop-rivetted onto the sheetmetal of the body. They didn't need to be 'cosmetically' blended into the bodywork, as race cars like this were built to do a job and didn't get extra points for a concours finish........

The builder of the 'replica' attached the Overfenders in the same way as the Works car's Overfenders were attached; with pop-rivets. This is 'period correct'.

Does that explain it?

Back