Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2007

miniman

Well-Known Forum User
Hey,
Could we look into attending next year's event? Maybe we could have a
stand at the event? I know of other clubs which have done it. It is a long weekend but very enjoyable.
Who would be interested? :confused:

I'll be there for race day, does anyone know of the costs involved in being at Goodwood?

this would be a great show to attend - wasn't there a 240Z doing a rally display last year?

Rich do you fancy doing a bit of homework and finding out about a car stand, costs etc?

It's bloody excellent, I swear. Most shows you can do in an hour, this one took me a full day of "no way look at that, no way look at that, no way look at that" to see it. Food/drink was expensive though, but where isn't?

It's gotta be done. Saw about three competing 240s when I was there as well.

i would be interested in going as it can be quite expensive which has put me off going before and it is a bit like the Royal Ascot of car shows if you know what i mean,(i am just a peasant).

Yes it's £50 to get in, but thats a bargain, I promise you. I thought it was steep until I went.

For the number of cars you get there and the quality, and the people, it's a steal. I even got a free tractor ride to save me walking up the hill, loads of them running all day. Anyway theres rally stages on the day, you can walk up to and touch all the cars in the pit area. You will never see the selection of cars in the same place I don't think, not in this country anyway.

Even the Veyron is going up the hillclimb this year :)

Yep - I resisted going for years because I thought it sounded a bit 'uppity', but have been three times now and it was excellent every time ...

Probably won't make it this year, which I am very sad about ...:(

Mike

If you want a stand there with say 3 cars on it, you should budget £1k, by the time you've got power and everything else you need. It's a great show but it aint cheap! :)

1K for a stand!!!
I don't think the Z Club can stetch to that, perhaps we just have a day out there instead

Fuggles - JAE £1 per car, far better value for money;)

But of course :)

But to be honest that £1k is for a stand big enough to house three cars and a gazebo, plus vehicle pass for a support wagon and camping, plus a flagpole and electricity.

I guess you could do it for less but you'd struggle to get it below £500 unless you want a small patch of turf and no friends :D

Still a fair wedge to borrow some grass for a few days :) I suppose it keeps the standard high, but we definately have better things to blow a grand on. :)

perhaps it is £1K to price out a lot of the smaller clubs ?

Dear All,
Good to hear your views.
I am there this weekend as a member of Jo Public and will make some enquiries.
I know someone has done it previously with her Mini Club so I will make some enquiries. Nissan are there this year with a 350z Special. Surpercharged, Uprated Bilstein Suspension etc. There are rumours that this could be available soon for Jo Public to buy. What would the cost be!!!!!
Hey, what about I approached Nissan to see if we could get a space on their Stand for next year?.....................I will ask the question and let all know.
Is anyone else going this weeknd from our club?
Miniman

miniman - please ask Nissan the question, you never know.....
or get an name and address for Nissans events organisers

Also any chance of taking a couple of pics of the 350Z and anything else of interest and doing a small wirte up for the magazine???

Now there's an idea! Even if Nissan couldn't get us on their stand, maybe they'd (at least part) cover the cost of our having one? Their PR budget must be a few grades bigger than ours!

Surely they'd want a 240 (covered in ZClub.net stickers) on there as Alpha and Omega.

Saw that 350 in Autocar this week if it's the same one, a product of some nutters at Nissan Europe I think. Looks very nice :) Will get a scan later.

Hi Everyone,
Back from Goodwood! I am cream crackered!
Arrived just in time on the Friday afternoon to see Nismo's 350z heading up the hill.
Approached Nissan about attending. No-one seemed to know how much the stand cost (or seemed to care). Put forward the idea about Z's ZX's attending which went on deaf ears. Just interseted in selling new cars and getting your name and address. That was it. Never mind, leave it with me and I will send Nissan Head Office a letter. (Suzy, any chance of some Club Letter Headed Paper?) Nissan had no freebies either. Boo Hiss! They had four 350z's on the stand. Rays alloys now come as standard.
Centre stage was a peutrid pink Micra convertable. What can I say?
Definately worth attending though.
I will let you all know what Nissan say when I hear from them.
Miniman

Back