glove box

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
hi everyone,
how on earth do you remove the glove box?
ive removed every screw i can find but it just doesnt seem to want to come out of the hole in the dash:confused:

its a 1978 260z RHD

It is a pain in the arce....

after finding the secret screws with a mirror and flashlight, bending a compressing the cardboard without ruining the box is a real pain. Mine came out through the hole in the dash and went back in the same way.

Not a good time.

cant believe datsun made such an effort to make it so hard to remove!
will give it another go tomorrow when i have light as im sulking with at the moment

If you have the cardboard one, it will probably fall to bits. I think you may have a plastic version and I'm not sure they come out the same way.

yeah it is the plastic one, ive managed to get it out now but i pretty much had to bend the hell out of it to come out.
luckily it hasnt damaged anything so should go back in ok.
i was trying to get to the control cable for the recirculation flap which has become detached inside of the dash.
ive managed to get the cable out and straighten it but i dont think its going back in without a fight

Not to put too much of a downer on things but it is more of a pain getting it back in than taking it out. When you remove it, the vent pipe drops and doesnt allow the box to push right back.

It's really awkward to try to hold the pipe in the right place whilst getting the box in the right location. I ended up having to take out the panel at the centre of the dash (the one with the map light on it), removing the centre vent and holding the pipe in the right position at the end of it whilst sliding the box in.

Nightmare!!

Back