Front licence plate location - help needed!

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Hi guys need someone who has solved the problem I have. As my restorer is building up the car we have just noticed the front lice plate holder brackets sit on as opposed to in front of the after market valance. Photo of silver car is mine, orange car is included just to give a better perspective.
Our plan is to fabricate brackets onto the existing ones so that the licence plate can sit in front of the valance.
Anyone done this or solved the same problem in a different way? I don’t want to have the license plate offset or stick on a decal to the valance
Thanks in advance
Kieron

Attachments

• C1829B74-BBE2-4FBD-924B-ACC1AAD538F0.png
    C1829B74-BBE2-4FBD-924B-ACC1AAD538F0.png
    547.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 7414036B-4763-4022-BC13-7ADBF5E44236.jpeg
    7414036B-4763-4022-BC13-7ADBF5E44236.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 49
I'd imagine only people that have that air damn would have sorted that problem before. What is it?
I'm surprised its so far proud of the indicators and interfering with the number plate bracket.

The valance came with the car which I bought as a rolling shell so note sure other my research tells me it’s a Type 1 JDM bumper which doesn’t help much 😫
It fitted in to its stock holes with little tweaking so defo 240Z after market option

Some confusing terminology here.

The 'bumper' is the chrome/stainless part, the 'valance' is the aftermarket add-on below it. That 'valance' is nothing to do with the factory.

The front number plate should mount on the two brackets underneath the bumper. They are clearly visible on the red/orange car in your photos and I *think* I see similar on the photo of your silver car (with tape covering?).

When fitting/using non-factory/aftermarket parts, this is the kind of mis-match you have to deal with. Doesn't seem like it is unsurmountable?

This is how it fits,you can have a square plate as well and an even smaller one or get this front spoiler which does away with any gaps that might appear with the original set up

Attachments

• C043A745-2FBE-4884-8394-F47AFD11BDF7.jpeg
    C043A745-2FBE-4884-8394-F47AFD11BDF7.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 34
Some confusing terminology here.

The 'bumper' is the chrome/stainless part, the 'valance' is the aftermarket add-on below it. That 'valance' is nothing to do with the factory.

The front number plate should mount on the two brackets underneath the bumper. They are clearly visible on the red/orange car in your photos and I *think* I see similar on the photo of your silver car (with tape covering?).

When fitting/using non-factory/aftermarket parts, this is the kind of mis-match you have to deal with. Doesn't seem like it is unsurmountable?
Yes apologies I meant Type 1 valance not bumper. The brackets are an inch short of where I need them to be so restorer will have a think about how to fabricate something. Plan B is stock on licence plate across the centre of the valance

Back