French riots

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Just to prove that 'we' can do bigger and better than you can.....

It all started with the strike by Marseilles' public transport system against agression on their bus drivers. Nicholas Sarkozy (the interior minister) who considers himself as Gods' gift to French politics now he has named himself as THE front runner to replace Chirac was then quoted as saying that he would 'jetwash' the inner cities of young louts and hoodlums !

Those people have now started burning everything they can lay their hands on (luckily no Zs yet) in response and are crying for him to resign and ***k off back to oblivion !

Their are already cries (from Prefets etc) for the army to step in and also to have curfews each night (couvre-feu in French - similar isn't it :) to restore order ! These last two 'solutions' will only prove that the Police and Gendarmes have lost control and can no longer carry out their functions !

Trouble keeps spreading to more and more cities - it aint over yet !

Love that, they say they want to get rid of "young louts and hoodlums", and they go and prove him right!

It could quite easily happen here, hope it sorts itself.

Sean me old mate
if it gets too bad you could always come back and live in the UK
much more peaceful over here (lights the touch paper and retires):)

So long as one doesn't get in between fighting minorities (that appear to be majorities) !

It's being said over here that this problem's been waiting to happen for over 20 years when Mitterrand was letting everybody in !

Next we will see Nationalism raise its' ugly head again - remember when Le Pen made it through the first Presidential election rounds ?

According to news night "majority African/Arab immigrants", they aren't doing themselves any favours?

Interesting to see how this ends.

Oh and I hear I think it was Le Pen saying "Its nearly Civil War", he's loving this, it plays right into what he preaches, I hope theres a good end to it all and he disappears again.

i must admit i thought the french police were very hard when it came to violence as i saw it first hand a few years ago at le mans.... not me involved of course as i'm the gentle shy type ya know the unasumming type!

The French Police ARE hard and think the English too laid back but they admire the blue methylene rinse that they believe English rioters are hosed down with to ease identification later :)

Those rioting are aged 10 - 30, they are not immigrants, they were born here ! They are classified as first - third generation immigrants whose parents work (or try to in burnt out buses and local burnt out companies) to feed, clothe and educate their (frustrated) offspring.
The other point of view is that these families are all on welfare, that they shouldn't let their kids out at night and once one of their children is identified, their welfare should be cut ! The normal general public are fed up with people being subsidised AND having a go at the country - as stated, all this plays into the hand of Nationalists like Le Pen (his daughter's even worse) !

Didn't we have all this 20 odd years ago with Thatcher ? Toxteth, Brixton and more.....

SeanDezart said:
Didn't we have all this 20 odd years ago with Thatcher ? Toxteth, Brixton and more.....
a few nights of trouble, yes but not to the extent your seeing.

LOL Tony.

The only thing is, if French car insurance is like mine, you're not covered for riots, civil unrest, meteors etc. I'm guessing all these torched cars aren't insured :(

Hi,
Lets hope they don't reach too far into the countryside to sean's house then!
.....All those Z's burning!!:eek:
Cheerz,
JEZ

Hi i dont understand how if these guys are pi##ed off with the government they just go and burn the man next door's car, what's he got to do with it ?. Send them all to cuba is my answer to this.

Hey Guss, have any more Black Forest logs to throw in the fire ????? :devil:

Hey, this is mainly the proof that we are living in a mad world, governed by the media... Most of the spreading is due to the fact that gangs of other cities can’t let the others having more exposure than they do… As it’s on TV 5 minutes later, they can organise a barbecue challenge.

As for the starting point, Sarko started a few months back to put his nose in the gang business… Gangs don’t give a dam about the peoples that live around them, but they do care about their business, let see it an other way, an average dealer earn a 350Z a day !!! Loosing my 280zx would make me mad, and it took me 10 years to get it…

It’s a dead end situation, as those peoples will never go back to an honest job… working (heeeeeeer) 35 hours a week.

?

LOL Guus.

Boomer: An honest job is 35 hours a week? Lazy French, 40 minimum :D

I know it's only a minority, but on the tv one interviewee said "No one will employ us because of this and that", wrecking the country really is doing them no favours.

Really, no issue there!

Those guys are smart, they know what they want... they don't want shoes, they want Nikes, they don't wear jeans they wear brands... they don't drive cars they drive Audi and BMW... and you want them to have my life ? No way, they wouldn't try our boring regular life...

Hummm would I if I where them ????

Back