Found one

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
Aided by uk66fastback and Johnymd, big thanks.

This is being taken to a port in LA on Monday
2ng7sq1.jpg

It's running and driving, and has a tiny few bubbles of surface rust on the lower front wing in front of the sill View attachment 16868 terrible isn't it.
Will upload more when it lands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations :thumbs:

Is it coming into Southampton? Mine took about 6 weeks from LA, it'll be a long wait:)

It's usually 30ish days on the water. Add a couple of weeks before it goes on a boat, then a week over here. Mine were just inside 2 months.

What did you think of the other green one he has? Any reason you chose this one over it?

The green one was a little more, it had been painted, but wasn't quite the OE colour.
I love the lime colour. and it has all its history back to the 80's
Having said that, it was a cracking car and both are rust free.

Planning on keeping it 112, front and rear spoilers, a little lower and some Rotas
It would be nice to detail the underside.

About time we had a lot more pics I reckon Mr Long! Weather was lovely today to roll it out for a few ... Or were you waiting for the weekend?

Sorry chaps, a bit remiss of me, I've only got a few photo's on my phone, however
It's flipping brilliant, it started and I drove it onto the trailer, (after razing it up and down the side of the warehouse) its got a pin hole next to the drain bung on the passenger side foot well, it had the seemingly obligatory dented floor from miss jacking and when I hammered id down and the under seal broke of the inside it was shining steel underneath.
front end underneath is rust free, as is everywhere else, it's on the button and is sewing machine smooth, paint wise, it was blown over in 1990, but it wasn't the best job, but very presentable. I came with it's full history from 81, hand book and some other bits, to say I'm chuffed is an understatement

Since Monday I've fitted new head lights and sorted the front indicators, fitted a new switch to the inspection lamp and sorted the interior light, still to do is sort the rear indicators, I've ordered some ultra bright yellow LED bulbs hoping that the red lenses will show orange, it deffo needs anti roll bar drop link bushes, everything else looks ok, so I will stick it in for an MOT, then I'm hoping to strip and powder coat the running gear and poly bush it, then scrap off the old under seal, prime, stone chip and paint it body colour. It needs to be ready for Le Mans in June so no pressure.
pics to follow, if its not raining tomorrow.

Hoping to get poly bushes from Mike, emailed through his website last this afternoon, but could swing by on Monday as I'm traveling down to Clacton and back

Edit, Obviously I can and will be persuaded to- keep it standard, swap out the engine for an rb26det, fit silly wide Chinese wheels, not fit silly wide Chinese wheels, paint it a non standard colour, keep it the standard colour, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
My view: keep it as is. Other views may vary ...

Interested to see the results of your rear lamp experiment with the LEDs ...

Back