Found a great video series on restoring a Z

Robotsan

Club Member
Hi all, found this great video series on youtube. The first video is the teardown, second is panel beating and in the third the guy makes his own body panels. They have been a great reference for a newbi like me to see how the car goes together.

It's ace isn't it. So impressive. Also kind of peaceful and meditative to watch because there's no music or speaking 😂

yellowz

Club Member
Only watched part 1 but I love it when everything comes out first time - no problem whatsoever. Not in my world!

Thanks for the link, will watch all of these.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I love my mechanics. He's certainly dedicated - some interesting choices though, welding up the front marker lights, non-standard mirrors etc. Also feel he's going to get some down the line surprises by not opening up more of the box sections.

Robotsan

Club Member
I love my mechanics. He's certainly dedicated - some interesting choices though, welding up the front marker lights, non-standard mirrors etc. Also feel he's going to get some down the line surprises by not opening up more of the box sections.

Yeah those bits scare me, as an owner of a California car that looks in similar condition on the outside. He has opened up quite a few though, in those last 2 videos? Where else would you say should be opened?

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah those bits scare me, as an owner of a California car that looks in similar condition on the outside. He has opened up quite a few though, in those last 2 videos? Where else would you say should be opened?

All depends how thorough you want to get:

The fender ledges aka 'air tubes', especially at the front.

datsun-0144.jpg

Bottom of the A-pillars.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 15.43.20.jpeg

between the fuel filler panel and the body

IMG-20210907-WA0019.jpg

Behind reinforcement panels - basically anywhere two bits of metal are sandwiched together!

245507629_6250778954994711_665152087619224863_n.jpg
1A437F6E-3116-48D6-BA3C-4C117C1FF077.jpeg

Last edited:

Robotsan

Club Member