First Thames Valley Area meet - Feb 2006

funkjunky

Active Forum User
Trying to put together the first Thames Valley area meet for 2006

Local area pubs being looked at for suitable sized venue (horrid task !! ha ha)

Need a rough idea of who would like to attend so as to gauge numbers

Suggested date / time only - open to suggestions but work weekends on a rota so this is the best Sunday date for me for a while

Drop me an e-mail if interested

All welcome - regardless of Z ownership / model / location etc

Regards

Ian :280Z: / :Z32:

Funkjunky2@hotmail.com or PM via the Club site

hi ian great idea , but which sunday is best for you matey

you cant please all the people all the time so as with all proposed meets you choose the day and those of us that can come will come

good luck

Thanks Steve

I've already put a tentative date in the Club calendar for Feb 5th - my first Sunday off next year

Will find a venue soon and confirm and then just wait and see who turns up

Best wishes

Ian

First Thames Valley 'AWOL' meet of 2006 - 05/02/06

Guys (* and Suzy)

First Thames Valley 'AWOL' meet !! (Area West of London)

Sunday 5th February 2006 - meet between 12:30 and approx 4pm

Given that we all should know where it is from the Xmas meal I've decided to host the first meeting of the AWOL Z Club at the Calcot Hotel

- We can discuss where we would like to host future meetings amongst those that turn up as I hope to make us as accessible to all members in the area as possible

I've confirmed with the Calcot that they're happy for a load of Classic Japanese sports cars (and the odd non-Z 'Support' vehicle) to be lined up in their car park while we partake of Sunday lunch

Lunch is a 3 course Carvery - as much as you can eat type all being well - priced at £12.95 a head - which is more than my local pub - but you do get 3 courses for that

Would guess that other 'snack' pub food would also be available in the bars - and there is a Retail park with the usual fast food outlets not that far down the road - as well as the local petrol stations etc etc

After lunch I would suggest a drink or 3 and then the obligatory car-park photo session - and - weather permitting why not a short local drive in convoy (why I'm planning on taking 2 cars so I'm not on my own at this point)
to a greener countryside location for some nicer pictures - sure we can find somewhere to park up

We plan to get there from about 12 midday to nab a good car park spot - and will hang around til at least 3 or 4pm for any late comers - will have my mobile on the whole time so if lost or late then please let me know

Location if you need reminding is :

http://www.calcothotel.co.uk/htdocs/book.asp

If interested please let me know so I can give the restaurant a provisonal booking so we can guarantee a table for all of us - they have said that they get very busy on a Sunday lunch and booking in advance is advisable

Any questions or comments - PM or Forum replies as usual - or

Call me on 01189 014663

or

07958 754452

or

E-mails : ian.andrews@siemens.com or funkjunky2@hotmail.com

We hope to have both our 280 and 300 ZX's with us on the day

regards

Ian and Sam

- am also posting this on the 300 zx forum and will be meeting with a few local 'Jap' owners on Thursday night this week in Reading - so hope to drum up some support there as well

Ben's regards

Ben

Will keep these names on record and ask if anyone knows of them

Presume they are / were local to Reading ?

Pass me some contact details and I'll make sure they get an invite

thanks

Ian

i think steve burns might have details for them and maybe john foreman.I dont think they have been around the Z scene for a few years but then this might be the time for them to return. cheers ben

Tom And Liz sadly split up a while ago

I think that Pete and Sue Parmenter still hear from both of them from time to time

John Foreman is still a member of the club

AWOL ‘Z’ CLUB

SUNDAY 5th FEBRUARY 2006

MEETING AT THE CALCOT HOTEL READING

FROM 12:30 TO 16:00 HRS

SUNDAY LUNCH / DRINK / CHAT / PHOTOS / LOCAL CRUIZE

ALL WELCOME

TELEPHONE : IAN & SAM ANDREWS : 01189 014663 / 07958 754452

Bump !

Only had 3 takers so far - and me and the wife are 2 of them !!

Zeeman (Steve Farrell) is my only reply

Come on guys - only 3 and a bit weeks - surely you must know if you're booked up or not

Wanted to book the table by the last week of Jan so please let me know if it's worth the effort

cheers

Off to a Jap owners meet in Reading in about an hour so hopefully get some more takers there

Revised plan for Thames Valley Feb meet - 5th Feb

Right

seeing as I've had no real response on the planned Sunday lunch meet at the Calcot Hotel - only 3 positives and 1 maybe from Suzy so far - how about a slightly revised plan for the day

Still Sunday the 5th of Feb as that is my first full weekend off this year

Piston Heads forum members have planned a meet at Virginia Waters - not that far from Reading - and their forum seems to suggest that anything upwards of 150 plus cars may well attend - and it's on Sunday 5th Feb !!

They say it starts around 10am - assume it's park up and view other cars - and then on somehwere local for lunch etc

Link below :
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?p=5&f=65&t=229518&h=0

Local meet up in Bracknell from 10:40 apparently : copied from their site : -

Hi All, just a reminder to people around the Bracknell area that want to take a group run to V.W. on the 5th February.

10:40am we'll meet at "THE POINT / Peale Centre". We'll set off at 11:00am to V.W. and we'll have a little run to V.W. Please register your interest on the thread if interested so i have an idea of number for the Bracknell run.

Map of "The Point" Location:
www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=486703&y=169

So rather than be 3 lonely Z owners in the Calcot hotel car park I suggest that we all drive across to Virginia Waters and participate in the Piston Heads meet instead

I hope to be taking both the 280 and 300 ZX's and Steve Farrell is hoping to come up with his wife - presumably in a Z

Will also invite the 300 forum guys that I met the other evening so we can hopefully have a few Z's lined up together

won't await any definite responses - just look forward to meeting people on the day

AWOL Combined Pistonheads Virginia Waters meet - this coming Sunday

Don't Forget - this coming Sunday - 5th Feb - Virginia Waters Pistonheads meet - their list now stands at 180+ cars so should be a good meet - hope to see some fellow Z owners - Am joining the local cruise from Bracknell's The Point car park - leaves 11am - see you there

Final Reminder 4 Tomorrow

Hi all

just a final reminder for tomorrow - Sunday 5th

AWOL joint meet up with Pistoneheads forum members at Viriginia Waters

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?t=234984&f=65&h=0

Their forum list currently shows over 260 performance cars of various makes and models - I know of at least 7 Z owners who are intending to go who aren't on the list

So please ignore what the last Z Club magazine mentioned about the AWOL CLub meeting at the Calcot Hotel tomorrow - we will reschedule a Z only owners AWOL meet somestime soon

Hope to see some other Z's tomorrow

regards

Ian & Sam

Back