First event for the Zed

evtech

Well-Known Forum User
Well finally got it on the road (and the track), not what I'd call lighteningly impressive but scope for development, ran faultless and stayed on the black stuff, post up some piccy's to my gallery later :D

Nigel

nice to hear everthing was ok with your car,has it been on the road long ?

Congratulations Nigel - glad it all went OK. Yours is the only 260 2+2 turbo I have ever seen !!

Well done Nigel - most impressive.
When I saw the car a couple of months ago it was up on the ramps, no electrics and I thought that it would be at least a couple of years before it was completed.
To have done to the car what you have in the time, welding, respray, rebuilt engine etc etc is phenominal going.
I hope you go on to great success with the car.
(I had hoped to get down to Loton but had visitors - next time maybe).
What were your times by the way?

Paul

ps and I still owe you £10!

Hi Paul

Times around 76 even on a wet run, not over impressed, but still happy with four consitent runs, changing the diff to 4.1 should help the get up and go on the hill (got a legacy viscous LSD to fit), aiming to sit in the early 60 sec's making it competitive in the class, handling wise she was far more stable than even my westy with my arse 1 inch off the ground :p , so i'm happy on that score.

Entry in for 30th Sept and 1st Oct (sat/sun), new diff and some more fettling to complete, so best get at it.

Nige

p.s. as I'm happy put the tenner in the next Hope House box you see.

Nige

Hope House - if you are sure then no problem, will do! It's a great organisation.

See you at that next meeting - if you can get into the 60's at all that would be a tremendous improvement - guess like everything else the first 10% - 20% improvement will come a lot easier (and cheaper) than the next and so on....

Where did you get yours MOT'd by the way? Were they any good?

See you soon

Paul

hi nigel, good to hear that you have got the Z out of the garage. Low 60's would certainly be an impressive time for loton. Has you wife had a drive in it yet and is she competing. Hope to see you next year at a few events. Cheers ben

ben240z said:
hi nigel, good to hear that you have got the Z out of the garage. Low 60's would certainly be an impressive time for loton. Has you wife had a drive in it yet and is she competing. Hope to see you next year at a few events. Cheers ben

Hi Ben

Nicky's driven it on the road, she's happy enough with the feel of it, will be getting her licence for next season (only 2 events left this year, took longer than predicted) so watch this space.

Nige

Back