Exhaust Upgrade

defrompe

Forum User
My newly bought 2007 Nissan 350 Z still runs on a stock exhaust. I am thinking of replacing it with a Magnaflow Nissan 350Z Street Series Cat-Back exhaust. Is it a good choice? Any other recommendations?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I can't help but I can comment on exhausts. My 350Z sounded lovely with the standard exhaust and when it rotted (think the flexible bits went first) I replaced it with another secondhand stock system off Mike Feeney's car. Boy was it heavy! However it suited my needs. Be careful not to buy something that is light and noisy unless you know it performs well - hence your post I suppose?.

My 370Z only sounded good on first start up. After a few minutes it was quiet and 'gruff'. I asked an R&D guy who worked for Nissan in Milton Keynes (I think) and he said that on start-up they over-fuel to warm the 'cat' up quickly.

Blaqkaudio

Club Member
On my previous 350z before boosting.

Berk decats, Stillen Y-pipe back to a Scorpion backbox, quieter than say the outlandish Cobra backbox and a lot nicer looking imho. Sounded gorgeous on full chat with a pop and bang map from Abbey.
Don't forget with the 350z, for the small amount of things you can 'bolt on', you will get zero gains unless you get an Uprev. The ECU within a few miles of driving will simply dial out any changes it detects back to standard parameters...
So if you're also chasing numbers get all your changes done first, then go for an Uprev to save yourself some money tweaking the map each time.

Honestly your best bet is to just jump on Youtube and have a listen, I'm sure someone somewhere has strapped on everything under the sun to these cars, you need to make sure you like the noise it makes ;)

Don't forget the actual 350z forum https://www.350z-uk.com. Much like here you'll have people on there with a wealth of knowledge to help you and I've no doubt the topic has probably been covered somewhere in the archives :)

Geoff-R

Club Member
I always kept the standard exhaust on my 2007 350z, it sounded alright to be honest. However, as Rob has said, when I changed to my 370z I was pretty disappointed in the sound so my experience of changing the exhaust is limited to the 370z but I changed out the system for Berk Hi flow cats and a Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust. The thing sounded how I think it always should have sounded, of course it's subjective.