Engine choices?

johnymd

Club Member
I'm considering changing engines and I'm open to suggestions as to a suitable candidate.

Suggestions please.

Firstly why!? How could you possibly improve on the one you already run?

Secondly avoid Wyn's recommendations, he'll have his own agenda!! ;)

lol I was going to say RB but he knew that
How's about something like an Honda S2000 to be different ?

Not sure stock s2k unit will have enough power for Johnny without a blower bolted on - then again, not sure what that does for reliability / longevity either. But that gear change will have him hooked!!

I was thinking more turbo scooby flat 4 for low weight distribution.

Hold on, found the right one!! Needs a big exhaust though!

89e0372eb30639555bc74390d3d1c61b.jpg

I'm considering changing engines and I'm open to suggestions as to a suitable candidate.

Suggestions please.

If this is for the blue car, stick with the Toyota unit which thus far as proved reliable and ahead of the pack. :bow:

Maybe when the mega expensive RB 's have finally caught up after multiple attempts, then it's time to upgrade to another Toyota engine, the 2JZ:smash::cheers:

If this is for the blue car, stick with the Toyota unit which thus far as proved reliable and ahead of the pack. :bow: ....

Or how about an L series on SU's ?

John, when you have an engine that just delivers and is so good to you don't change it. The grass is not always greener!

Is this a wind-up for Terry and Wyn?

Ok, so I should have been a little clearer about which car. The blue one is the perfect blend for fast road, track and the drag strip so nothings going to change with that setup. 4BOA is going to be a clubman classic with mild/period performance, otherwise I'd just build another blue one and what's the point of that. It's the dayly driver that I haven't got yet that I refer to. LHD, rust free, fully wax oiled, and reliable that I can drive around for work. I can then get rid of the van to make room for the z. I love the drivability, reliability and fuel economy of the 1j but it seams a waiste putting all that power into a car that ill potter around in all day. Also I'd like it to be in keeping with a z so 6 cylinder and probably no turbo. Been toying with the idea of rb25 na or maybe with carbs.

ford 2.0l pinto good choice easy to tune parts readly avalable they love 3rd gear thrash ive got 3 here
30quid each

RB25 raise compression, lose the turbo use either single or multiple TB's, Megasquirt ECU

Reliable 200 + hp and great MPG

Back