Engine bay pix !

VintageTech-Z

Well-Known Forum User
Engine bay/ Under Bonnett pix !...POST EM' !

Greetings fellow Zer's !
I thought it would be interesting to view everyones semi or completed engine bay pix to see how adaptable our favorite Z's take to all sorts of mods or swaps. I was abit unsure where to appropriatly post this ,so if the Administrators need to move this ,by all means do !
Lets post images of your bays even if they aren't quite running but are close to being complete.
SO dust them off and snap a few flattering shots of those turbos, v-8's,multi-carbed bad boys !!
I'll see if I can figure out how to post one of mine to get the ball rolling !
...........Vinny:santa:

1987Vince_s_73_Turbo_engine_bay_1997-med.jpg

This is an F54 block bored to 3.0 litre and a Garrett T/3-T4 hybrid turbo running through a Tial 40mm wastegate,custom Intake manifold,Stainless steel 3" tubing for exhaust and IC pipes,Custom strut tower bar,custom turbo heat shield,custom Stainless fuel rail/log, 550cc HKS inj's.,custom linkages,and all stainless hardware. No dyno #'s yet....but soon.
(

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I do like :cool:

This is mine atm (old pic)

shield6.jpg

4.0 tvr V8 (240ish bhp shonky Rover if the truth be known lol)

Slowly getting there, but still in need of those finishing touches :)

Like some alloy bling n carbon fibre :D

The search is on ;)

not finished so you will have to imagine....lol

Attachments

• loud z.JPG
    loud z.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 179
Christ - is that pink Grolls ?
In fact it looks more like the interesting end of a womb :)
Piccies of mine (car) when I get back from my UK tour !
Wynn, 'only' 240 ?

This was taken in June. It has progressed a little since then.

Attachments

• Engine bay.jpg
    Engine bay.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 201
No, but you haven't painted the bell housing ?

Nice blue though ! This is obviously 'your' coulour !

I have another gearbox to go in and will do the back plate then.........honest.

Yes, I love the colour.

Yeah. I have been slacking as I just want to get the car back on the road. I miss driving it sooooo much. But then again, the R34 arrives Monday:D

Take the time to get it right - the standard of Zs these days is much higher than it was 10 years ago - you might regret rushing it !

And as you say, the R34 will be there on the drive - I'd still prefer an R32 GTR though :) and it aint the price difference that influences me !

Take the time to get it right - the standard of Zs these days is much higher than it was 10 years ago - you might regret rushing it !
Your probably wright Sean. There are a lot of superb cars being built at the moment, but I am not building a show car. This is a car I want to be able to use. It won't be imaculate and will have faults. If it is too good I wont want to drive it.

I'd love a stripped out, rollcaged, R32 racer but can't justify another car. The R34 is going to be my "family runaround" and will replace the R33GTS that I am going to have to think about selling. Any offers?

Attachments

• R33 rear quarter.jpg
    R33 rear quarter.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 167
SeanDezart said:
johnymd said:
This is a car I want to be able to use. It won't be imaculate and will have faults. If it is too good I wont want to drive it.
I'd have to agree with John here. Why spend 5k on a paint job when 3k will do (for example). I'd rather spend the extra 2K on go faster / corner better / stop better things.

It'll get stone chipped anyway - unless of course the car will only be driven slowly up the M1 and parked in Shellduck Meadow once a year.

grolls said:
or stone chipped and then painted......:D
Interesting, so would that be the whole bonnet and wings or just the leading edges ?

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own hey :p

Exellent !

Beautiful job their mates ! Really nice. Speaking of expensive paint work........I trust no one touching my Z's so I do all of my own bodywork and paint....right down to the wetsand and buff as well as parts prep and reassembly.Usually costs about 1500K .Turns out much better that way if you can manage it.:confused:

1987Vince_s_Z_s_hood-med.jpg

The R34 sounds great too ! I imported the AWD drivetrain from a late model R33 and its all going into one of my 70' S30 chasis thats been sectioned lengthwise and widened by 10" and runs 18x13" wheels and all of the internal mods and prep I can afford first go round.
Keep the great images coming mates.......Cheers,Vinny:santa:

..........well spotted mate !

900ss said:
Vinny
Does your car not have indicators in the front? :confused:
Or wiper arms? :santa:
Oh Yes yes, they're there ! That angle shot shadows the repeaters.Hard to see there for sure. I have a set of clear Euro's and also US amber colored ones and can't decide which look best on that green.:unsure:
Wipers are there too, just not in that pix. That was the first day I had her out to test drive the new motor and tuning.
Good eye there though !!:pWell spotted.Your looking too closely,you'll strain your eyes:eek:......so stop that ! lol.
I just put Ground Control coil overs and 17"x9" Veilside 3-piece wheels on her along with a difficult 5-lug swap( I used the Z31 front hubs and machined the rear stub axles and made bearing spacers for the S30 strut house and stock bearings) and Q45 diff and axles. No pix of the uprated parts yet. But I will later this Winter once its off the jack stands and all is well.
Cheers.........Vinny:D

VintageTech-Z said:
I have a set of clear Euro's and also US amber colored ones and can't decide which look best on that green.:unsure:

Deffo clear, then send me the others ;)

VintageTech-Z said:
Good eye there though !!:pWell spotted.Your looking too closely,you'll strain your eyes:eek:......so stop that !
To late, the damage is done :D

Get some pics up of those hubs, be interested to see how you've done that
respecta.gif

Do the frt Z31 frt hubs bolt straight on?

VintageTech-Z said:
Oh Yes I just put Ground Control coil overs and 17"x9" Veilside 3-piece wheels on her
9x17 !!
bling.gif

Std arch or modded ? :eek:

900ss said:
9x17 !!
bling.gif

Std arch or modded ? :eek:
Standard arches all the way around. This is the absolute MAX you can go. I have a 275/40/17 tire on the 9" rim. I did ,however, trim the steel right up to the spot welds when I had the chasis on a rotisery during her restore some years ago .I was planning all along to stuff the max tire and wheel fitment in there.
I'll snap some shots of the 5-lug swap and post them for you at some point.
My Veilside offsets allowed the front hub ( bolts straight on BTW) to fit just right.The Z31 hub does make the mounting face set outward about 19mm or 3/4".
The lathe time for the rear stubs is much more involved but certainly obtainable. You simply trim down the rear inner most bearing diameter and then fab a new collar or sleeve to fatten up the smaller outer bearing space. This allowed me to run stock 240 bearings and strut house diminsions too !:eek:
I've yet to work out the rear depth for the brake rotor hat....but getting there.
I'll trade clean,uncracked front amber US blinker lenses or complete housings straight across for the clear variety of the same if some are interested.Some guys overhere like the clear as to be different.Maybe your of the same mindset ?
..............Vinny :santa:

Back