Ebay buyers beware!

Andy79

Club Member
Avoid seller ucs231m.

Earlier this week after making him an offer on some 240 parts & him comeing back with a counter offer which I accepted & paid.
Next day messages me to say he had forgot he had already sold thse items!
Then a couple of days later he said he hadn't sold them & did I still want them?
No thanks I said, refund please.
Then he asked me to start a returns request!
No thanks I said as I had never recived the items. Refund please.
Reported to ebay.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Avoid seller ucs231m.

Earlier this week after making him an offer on some 240 parts & him comeing back with a counter offer which I accepted & paid.
Next day messages me to say he had forgot he had already sold thse items!
Then a couple of days later he said he hadn't sold them & did I still want them?
No thanks I said, refund please.
Then he asked me to start a returns request!
No thanks I said as I had never recived the items. Refund please.
Reported to ebay.

I had this a couple of times before with other sellers - the returns process has a refund option for not received. It’s eBay’s quirky way of dealing with it, look at the drop down and see the options available to you.

One eBay seller I dealt with only backed down when I raised the paperwork for small claims court.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I had a friend collect some parts off of him, seemed like a decent guy to deal with. Not the most tech savvy though..!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Any time I have had this sort of problem the seller has cancelled the order which is not strictly the situation. It looks like I've backed out which is not the case.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Good stuff, well done! It pays to hassle these people otherwise they just keep on doing it. It helps if ebay actually get involved as well I guess ...