Drilling out pop rivets

toopy

Club Member
As per the title, would you use a drill the approximate same diameter from the off or start smaller?

Never done it before so have know idea whats best.

I want to get my rear light panels out for re-painting and to replace the rubbers, but they are pop riveted at the top where screws should be :mad:

Just take the head off (with a drill) then the body of the rivet falls out leaving the original hole untouched

Faaakinghell someone posted a question in here and got a straightforward factual and accurate reply..... is the club turning a corner or was it a trick question;)

Blimey! Your right grolls. It is unusual to see a question followed by an answer instead of just another question. Or maybe the question was asked with enough detail to ensure only an answer could follow. I'm sure some could have found a way round this though.

Maybe it is a new trend for 2016:flyingpig:
And maybe this might happen in a lot of cases but
pigs-can-fly.jpg

Blimey! Your right grolls. It is unusual to see a question followed by an answer instead of just another question. Or maybe the question was asked with enough detail to ensure only an answer could follow. I'm sure some could have found a way round this though.

Naaa, feck it you lot give in too easy. So is the drill a wood drill, masonary, carbite or can use an angle grinder or a hammer n chisel, but not a claw hammer :devil:

I was just going to use a spoon!! :eek: good job i bothered to ask :D

and thanks for the swift reply Mr SKiddell :thumbs:

Back