Does anybody make a widebody kit for a 240z, or have a widebody 240z?

Raptor13x

New Forum User
I've got a '72 240z, and I keep looking at it thinking it would look just plain sweet with a nice widebody kit, with some super wide wheels and tires, and the V8 swap to give it some decent power. My car needs some bodywork anyways to get it looking halfway decent, so now's the perfect time to make it look like I want it to, if theres anything available on the market. I know most of you guys are from the UK, I'm from the USA, so theres some different suppliers around, but I'd like to hear your thoughts anyways.

I've loved Darius's car for quite a while, and I found this pic on his site which is pretty much exactly what I'd like to do to it.

picture71.jpg

Ahhh, Darius, that's how I found my way into Z cars :D

I think he hand crafted (or paid someone to do so) those panels as they weren't on the car initially. You can e-mail him as he's pretty friendly and helpful in my experience.

There are fibreglass kits available I think, see Bens car. If you don't have any luck here try www.hybridz.org :)

jeez i hope the geezer didnt have any fillings in his teeth they'd fall out after half a mile

if you are interested then i can supply a group five wide bodied kit for the 240z. it replaces the front wings completely, adds a nose cone in front of the standard length bonnet( which I can supply in fibre or carbon depending on how much you want to spend) and the rear wings are grafted over the oem rear arches with a bit of body mod to accept the 12 or 13 inch wide wheels that the kit allows you to use.. give me an email if you are interested ben ben240z@aol.com

I think I'm going to buy a ton of fiberglass and start making my own body panels. Exact duplicates at first, but with some practice I may be able to make some nice custom ones. I dont really like the style of any of the off-the-shelf stuff available. Those links you all provided did have a bunch of cool stuff I may be able to use, thanks for the help.

Back