Datsun S30 240Z 260Z 280Z Anti Roll Bars

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I have a set of early U.K. 240Z front and rear bars which are powdercoated but quite pitted.

Also have a front and rear set off a 260Z 2+2 which are substantially thicker and not pitted.

Any interest before they go in the scrap?

image.jpg

Lyskham

New Forum User
Hi there !
My 2+2 came with 21 mm bars front and rear.
Are yours of the same size ?
Reason for asking is that I'm looking for a 25 mm front bar.
So I might be a happy candidate for yours bars if they are stronger than factory !

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Front roll bar is 20mm and rear is 22mm.
Springs were very rusty and scrapped long ago Rob I’m afraid

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi there !
My 2+2 came with 21 mm bars front and rear.
Are yours of the same size ?
Reason for asking is that I'm looking for a 25 mm front bar.
So I might be a happy candidate for yours bars if they are stronger than factory !

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Be careful going 25mm unless your chassis is rust-free and strong. Stiff bars can pull the mountings out or split the chassis (happened to me). Also very stiff at the front might induce too much understeer.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Be careful going 25mm unless your chassis is rust-free and strong. Stiff bars can pull the mountings out or split the chassis (happened to me). Also very stiff at the front might induce too much understeer.
That's why we reinforce the chassis legs where the bars are mounted.

Lyskham

New Forum User
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice.
My car has coil overs, selected by Sean, which make my car a great driver on the most bumpy back roads. But on the track, I lack roll stiffness and I ruin the outside shoulders of my tires very quickly. So I need stiffer bars.
And you're right, Rob, I'd hate to ruin the I credible front/rear balance that I have to today, with no understeer at all even in the tightest corners.
But I need to try something !

Dan, may I ask where you're located, for me to evaluate shipping costs of your bars ?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Lyskham,

We are in Atherstone CV9 - I am going to say collection only though due to size and weight. I have got another interested party who is trying to arrange collection.

Ideally they need to be gone this week but I can hold them at home for a couple more weeks - not months!

Thanks
Dan