Datsun Competition Seats | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Datsun Competition Seats

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by datsun dave, Dec 30, 2015.

1. datsun dave

datsun dave Active Forum User

After looking for a set for a few years I bought some of the look-a-like Datsun Competition seats they arrived today after been messed around by Parcelforce for a week BUT ended up not paying any duty.

Seats look OK compared with originals pictures that I have seen but don't have the basket weave vinyl on the inserts.

Might have a go at fitting them over the next few days.

Attached Files:

2. datsun dave

Some more pictures

Attached Files:

3. datsun dave

A few more pictures

Attached Files:

4. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Those look great. Hopefully they are comfortable and a good fit size wise.

5. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

they look cool.

6. Mr.G

Mr.G
    Z Club Member

They look great, hope they are comfortable.

7. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

I'm going for a variation upon these :

Attached Files:

8. MikeB

MikeB Forum User

OK gents, both look good, now come clean with the suppliers and costs ;)

9. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Has he priced them already? :confused:

Do aftermarket seats like both examples above need to undergo safety type of tests etc?

10. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

When I have the info, I'll pass it on Mike.

Mine will have the OEM eyelets and I have the option of a textured seat and back rest. A choice of materials too - real leather if wished or a very good leather replica in the OEM vinyl style but more supple.

Made In Europe so shipping and certainly customs (except for the jammy dodger-Dave here) will be very competitive.

11. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I was going to say all the above. They currently look like a cheap kit car seat.

12. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Got to begin somewhere Franky me ol' mucker - THEN, refine the product and tailor it to your needs and taste.

13. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

I've always loved the look of a black seat with eyelets in a Z. Those look very nice Dave. So are you going to spill the beans on just what kinda money they cost? and from whom?
    My Z currently has a pair of Corbeau seats which I plan to change to Corbeau GT8 seats over the winter. Same shape as my current seats but with the eyelets. Corbeau do quite a good selection of retro seats and they are a UK company. http://www.corbeau-seats.com/classic-retro-series
    Attachment is a pic of the Corbeau GT8 seat.

Attached Files:

14. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

1) they're not Datsun eyelets
    2) they have a lumping great namesign on them
    3) anybody can buy them so not exclusive
    4) they aint cheap either at +£750 for a pair with runners

No offence - they're your choice and I hope you're happy with that choice but I wouldn't dream of putting them in mine.

15. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

They're also far too chunky looking as a starter.

At least with your base to start with the shape and size is better :)

16. grolls

grolls Active Forum User

Are you saying Sean has a fat ass?

17. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

1: No they ain't Datsun seats or any kind of pretender. Just a nice retro seat(IMHO) that I can use with a harness. I May just change my mind yet, but I do like the GT8 seats so.........
    2: TBH I would prefer without.
    3: Yes anyone can buy any seats that are for sale, surely. So isn't that a kind of pointless number 3?
    4: I don't use runners on mine. They are set up for me(it's my car). They are set low and far back. Just how I like them :thumbs: So what price will yours be then Sean? with runners?
    If you browse the web you'll find the GT8s cheaper than direct from Corbeau.

:driving:

18. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

3. No, these will not be commercially available from 'every' motorsport store online - small batch quantities and made to measure - sounds expensive but I shan't be throwing +£700 at my pair of seats. More news when I have it - patience my friends.

4.So, how much please ?

Finally, horses for courses but a standard seat nicely trimmed takes a lot of beating.

19. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Possibly off topic and hijacking a thread, but I bought a pair of the MSA molded foam seat inserts a couple of years back and am planning to take out my seats and fit them re-using the original covers. Any top tips guys...?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic08f04/40-2691

20. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Book a long weekend and plenty of patience......remove kids and wife for fear of an emotional outburst.