Datsun Competition Seats | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Datsun Competition Seats

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by datsun dave, Dec 30, 2015.

1. datsun dave

datsun dave
    Z Club Member

After looking for a set for a few years I bought some of the look-a-like Datsun Competition seats they arrived today after been messed around by Parcelforce for a week BUT ended up not paying any duty.

Seats look OK compared with originals pictures that I have seen but don't have the basket weave vinyl on the inserts.

Might have a go at fitting them over the next few days.

Attached Files:

2. datsun dave

datsun dave
    Z Club Member

Some more pictures

Attached Files:

BCZED likes this.
  3. datsun dave

datsun dave
    Z Club Member

A few more pictures

Attached Files:

4. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Those look great. Hopefully they are comfortable and a good fit size wise.

5. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

they look cool.

6. Mr.G

Mr.G
    Z Club Member

They look great, hope they are comfortable.

7. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

I'm going for a variation upon these :

Attached Files:

BCZED likes this.
  8. MikeB

MikeB Forum User

OK gents, both look good, now come clean with the suppliers and costs ;)

9. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Has he priced them already? :confused:

Do aftermarket seats like both examples above need to undergo safety type of tests etc?

10. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

When I have the info, I'll pass it on Mike.

Mine will have the OEM eyelets and I have the option of a textured seat and back rest. A choice of materials too - real leather if wished or a very good leather replica in the OEM vinyl style but more supple.

Made In Europe so shipping and certainly customs (except for the jammy dodger-Dave here) will be very competitive.

11. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I was going to say all the above. They currently look like a cheap kit car seat.

12. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Got to begin somewhere Franky me ol' mucker - THEN, refine the product and tailor it to your needs and taste.

13. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

I've always loved the look of a black seat with eyelets in a Z. Those look very nice Dave. So are you going to spill the beans on just what kinda money they cost? and from whom?
    My Z currently has a pair of Corbeau seats which I plan to change to Corbeau GT8 seats over the winter. Same shape as my current seats but with the eyelets. Corbeau do quite a good selection of retro seats and they are a UK company. http://www.corbeau-seats.com/classic-retro-series
    Attachment is a pic of the Corbeau GT8 seat.

Attached Files:

14. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

1) they're not Datsun eyelets
    2) they have a lumping great namesign on them
    3) anybody can buy them so not exclusive
    4) they aint cheap either at +£750 for a pair with runners

No offence - they're your choice and I hope you're happy with that choice but I wouldn't dream of putting them in mine.

15. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

They're also far too chunky looking as a starter.

At least with your base to start with the shape and size is better :)

16. grolls

grolls Active Forum User

Are you saying Sean has a fat ass?

17. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

1: No they ain't Datsun seats or any kind of pretender. Just a nice retro seat(IMHO) that I can use with a harness. I May just change my mind yet, but I do like the GT8 seats so.........
    2: TBH I would prefer without.
    3: Yes anyone can buy any seats that are for sale, surely. So isn't that a kind of pointless number 3?
    4: I don't use runners on mine. They are set up for me(it's my car). They are set low and far back. Just how I like them :thumbs: So what price will yours be then Sean? with runners?
    If you browse the web you'll find the GT8s cheaper than direct from Corbeau.

:driving:

18. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

3. No, these will not be commercially available from 'every' motorsport store online - small batch quantities and made to measure - sounds expensive but I shan't be throwing +£700 at my pair of seats. More news when I have it - patience my friends.

4.So, how much please ?

Finally, horses for courses but a standard seat nicely trimmed takes a lot of beating.

19. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Possibly off topic and hijacking a thread, but I bought a pair of the MSA molded foam seat inserts a couple of years back and am planning to take out my seats and fit them re-using the original covers. Any top tips guys...?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic08f04/40-2691

20. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Book a long weekend and plenty of patience......remove kids and wife for fear of an emotional outburst.