Datsun 510

Zulley

Active Forum User
Its not a zed, but i thought some body might know about them on here. Does anyone know how much they go for these days? Ive been looking everywhere for one.

what sean says, there are a few in portugal and loads of them in the USA but prices are getting higher and higher

Its not a zed, but i thought some body might know about them on here. Does anyone know how much they go for these days? Ive been looking everywhere for one.

Depends what you are after and how much you want to pay. Also spec and what side you prefer the steering wheel?

RHD are available from Australia , NZ and south Africa. Getting harder to find non modified examples. Most have been stuffed with 4 pot nissan turbo engines

LHD - sources would be USA,Portugal , Norway,?? Much cheaper and they didnt get them in SSS spec.

Happy to help if you need any more information, my mate has a mint G reg - propelled by a L1300cc;)

Another friend had the car in pics below restored last year, it had been standing idle for 20 years and now rolls in west london:thumbs:

510 are amazingly cool and great handling cars...with the right mods, they can be very competitive :thumbs:

Attachments

• PICT0149.jpg
    PICT0149.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 34
  • PICT0151.jpg
    PICT0151.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0157.jpg
    PICT0157.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
That 510 look stunning.

Do you know if it's a Nissan colour? It looks very close to Mark's Cherry turbo.

I really fancy one of these and would die for a 510 GTR

Sorry I think you are confusing the 510 with a skyline GC10?

510's were released with L13, L14, L16 and L18 (coupe) engine variants. IIRC the L20b was not factory fitted to 510's, at least not in Japan. Perhaps in South Africa where they were assembled :unsure:

That 510 look stunning.

Do you know if it's a Nissan colour? It looks very close to Mark's Cherry turbo.

Its not a factory Nissan colour;) but originates from a manufacturer somewhere in (Sean)land.The original colour is what is affectionately known as baby poo brown but owner wanted a mettalic finish,

I think the colour suits is very well and it doesnt look like a custom respray jobbie

Dam, i was hoping you would say theres loads rusting away and their dirt cheap to pick up.

Most have been stuffed with 4 pot nissan turbo engines

As above 3dr RHD would be perfect..... for under £2k. But would happily settle for a 1.3.

Your mates is lovely. Only just seen them while looking through google trying to find the old skyline GTR

Thanks for all the replies too.

Sure looks like a copy of a 1600E

Haha, it was only a matter of time before someone came along and suggested that Nissan couldnt have designed the 510, surely they would have copied from elsewhere...:lol:

Same situation like s30 design then?, :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
As above 3dr RHD would be perfect..... for under £2k. But would happily settle for a 1.3.

3dr RHD is not going to happen even at triple the ^^^ price. They command strong prices abroad:eek:

If you are very lucky, you may be able to get a 4 dr LHD for around £3-4k landed.

After a bit more searching ive found 3 4drs, 1 estate all RHD and 2 LHD and from what uve said above the 4dr is growing on me. ;)

After a bit more searching ive found 3 4drs, 1 estate all RHD and 2 LHD and from what uve said above the 4dr is growing on me. ;)

Hmm, and where are you finding the RHD cars from? Australia? 4 door 510's are "the new black" in the 510 community, especially USA.

Hopefully you will end up importing one, eh?;)

The second incarnation of the Cortina was designed by Roy Haynes, and launched on 18 October 1966
Again, a Lotus version was produced (this time done in-house at Ford) but the most admired was the 1600E that came out in late 1967.

510 came out…….2 years later than the 1600E !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datsun_510

510 came out…….2 years later than the 1600E !

510 Bluebird sales debut was August 1968, and was a clear derivation from the 410 and 411 Bluebirds that came before it.

What a nice simple world it is for the people who think that the Japanese designers, engineers and stylists were camped out in the bushes around Ford's Dagenham plant waiting for a chance to spot the MkII Cortina, so that they could finally come up with the 510 ( their own heads being completely empty ).

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the automobile styling zeitgeist of the time was strongly influenced by the Italian coachbuilders, and Japanese engineers of the period were not lacking in technical skills or imagination.

A 510 is a car I will own one day. I have been hooked on this wonderful model since tooling around in my best friends well modified example as a teenager. We embarrased a lot of V8s in a straight line and a lot of bikes in the canyons in this good example for the time. Cant defend the whale tale but we thought it was very cool! :D

datsun510.jpg

I think you will be lucky to find a nice two door worth owning for under £8K these days as they are becoming quite rare.

Then again you can pick up this lovely example in the states for next to nothing...:eek:
Datsun Datsun | eBay

Here's a much nicer one for $6K - (too bad it's from 2008)

CA My 1969 datsun 510 for sale. - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Back