Countdown feature

Russ

Club Member
Testing the countdown feature

Until my birthday: [countdown=06/01/2011 8:30 AM;It is finally here]Count down:[/countdown]

Nidge74

New Forum User
Is that a countdown til the committee throws in the towel and lets samuri and Froggy take control????

76 days, 07 hours 48 minutes?

We are doomed

Russ

Club Member
03.16.2011-23.43.39.png

Dale

Club Member
[countdown=12/31/2020 5:00 AM;It is finally here]Count down:[/countdown]

I had some trouble, but realised it doesn't accept the 24 hour clock.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
[countdown=6/23/2011 5:00 AM;Yay, it is my birthday]Count down:[/countdown]

JakTheRuby

Club Member
You can't have certain characters in your 'final statement' or it doesn't tick. Will test fonts & colours next...

Working, however if you change the justification ie 'right or centred' you need to keep the other parameters inside that

eg (center) (bold) (countdown) blah blah (/countdown) (/bold) (/center)

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Speaking of fonts....you know what font we really should have?

The 'Nissan' font! ;)
I've put the option in the dropdown menus. All I need to do is upload it to the server and it should be useable. Unfortunately it's not letting me connect from here at the moment (my works server may well be blocking it). If it doesn't work I'll fix it from home.

andy

Well-Known Forum User
I've put the option in the dropdown menus. All I need to do is upload it to the server and it should be useable. Unfortunately it's not letting me connect from here at the moment (my works server may well be blocking it). If it doesn't work I'll fix it from home.

Jak do you want to email it to me and I'll upload it? Let me know where you want it uploading to as well :)

Cheers,

Andy

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I've sent it (from my works email). I assume it'll need to be stored / installed on the server somewhere or in the root directory (is there a styles / fonts folder?)

andy

Well-Known Forum User
The font needs to be installed on users own computers in order to view it. This could get tricky lol

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Wrong. You can using 'CUFON'. It involves converting the font to a Java script and including it in the styles in the 'header'. This should allow it to be used so it's what I'm gonna do later. When I've ballsed it up I'll come back to you and ask for help!