Comittee's Jobs/roles

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
Hopefully for you all .
In the following messages you will see from our comittee members a description of what we/they do for the club

:S30: :280Z: :Z31: :Z32: :350Z:

my role on the comittee is generally looking out for club interests etc voting on issues etc at comittee meetings and where appropriate during discusions throughout the year

for the club i admistrate and moderate on our web site
unofficially ive been the club photographer for years
i take care of arranging the concors event at billing
arrange yearly the stand at the bromley pageant classic car show
i also unsuccessfully due to work and with john boy have been trying desperately to organise meetings for the KENT ZG local group would be veryu happy if anyon would like to take over this local group to arrange monthly meetings etc
all the above jobs roles funtions i have been doing for 5/6 yrs now

cheerz steve

Important This Is A Comittee Reference Topic For Club Members To View
Re : The Agm

To Keep This Simple And Clear For All Members

Please To Not Post Comments This Thread Is For Reference Only

Any Person Posting Who Is Not On The Comittee Shall Have There Post Removed

Thankyou For All Your Assistance In Keepnig The Thread Simple For All Members To View

Best Wishes
Steve Moderator

Webmaster - This role joined the committee two AGMs ago I think.

Basically the role at the moment involves making sure the website server is taken care of, mainly administration for it and our domain. The biggest part of my job is the website architecture, writing new software, installing other peoples mods and tweaking them, and generally working the site into something for us to use. Its actually quite complicated, unfortunately you dont just get a software installer and voila, its a lot more involved, have to be fairly good with PHP for example. The main focus is new development at the moment as the site lacks in many areas. Then hopefully it will evolve into a tweaking/managing of the site. Also managing user lists and sending mass e-mails and other such things.

I think thats it summed up :)

1. Technical Adviser - to provide a telephone and internet advice service on all matters of a technical and parts compatibility nature. This involves keeping up to date with new model introductions and other innovations. I maintain a sizeable personal technical library and have access to a variety of data sources.

2. Motorsports Co-ordinator - to keep abreast of Z involvement in all aspects of motorsport in the U.K. and to advise accordingly. I support an entrant in the HSCC '70s Roadsports Class and advise members of their activity. I organise and attend the Z Club Drag Race Challenge at six rounds each year.

3. S.E.Z. Local Group Organiser - I lead and co-ordinate a South East based local group of approx. 30 members. A monthly newsletter is provided for a small additional charge over and above the mandatory Z Club membership. The Group meets monthly and also attends local car shows and other events where appropriate.

4. Member of the GOM committee sub-group....

"Classifieds / Wanted / Car / Parts / Newsletter / Email / Website thingy"

Point of contact for anyone wishing to buy or sell a Z car or related part. This can be by telephone call, letter or email.

Collate information and update newsletter each month. Email out to those on circulation list, print off and envelope to those that send SAE, upload newsletter to web-site.

Moderate web-site.

NOTE: As mentioned in a recent thread. It is time for the Car & Parts List (call it what you like) to be updated as a live online document by the clubs members (and non-members). However, there is still a need for someone to continue as the main contact point and update non-member and non-forum users details online. It will also be necessary for this person to print off and send back the postal requests on an ad-hoc basis.
I believe this change is due because the newsletter has gone from being a 20 page document in it's peak to a 3 page document recently. This may be due to a fall in the number of cars, the fall in membership and / or other highly visible means of selling (ie, Ebay).
This idea has been brewing since the last commitee meeting, but I have been waiting for our web-master to finish his studies before putting it into action (like poor Russ hasn't got enough to do)

Perhaps now is a good time for someone else to take this forward, perhaps someone else has a better idea or more web-site skills than me and take some of the pressure off Russ ? Step forward now and send me a PM if your interested.

TREASURER

keep track club accounts and enter all credits and debits on a spreadsheet
pay in cheques other than membership fees that are recieved
pay bills as required
try and predict the the finacial situation of the club

taken on four years ago as a stop gap short term job when no one was willing to take over when last treasure resigned

now want some one to come forward to help in view of taking it over after the end of the year

Foriegn club liason officer
with the internet this job is no longer required

amin on website
working with russ trying to forward the website which is what I really want to do but not really a committee job

I know you're gonna remove this but this thread shows the limited qty of committee members active on the clubs' forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS BUT I WILL REMOVE OTHERS:mad:
because see below #
And sean if you want to post more comments ,either pm me or start anew thread , as i want this thread to be without unneccessary posts so that it is accessed easier and only relevent info is on it

#
"the whole reason for doing this is so that everyone knows whos whos ,and who does what , etc obviously showing those that are active on the website and those that are not,
so that the members get to know exactly what/who there voting for / changing
this is deliberate , in an effort to aid the club moving forward with hopefully new blood on the comittee that will all be online , to deal with any relevent issue that arises
them the comittee meetings can take place on line etc etc etc"

thankyou once again for everyones assistance
cheerz steven lack

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Members

The role as membership secretary involves the following tasks.

Control and update membership data base monthly with contact and car information.

Add new members now about 10-15 per month. Remove lapsed members.
Send out membership reminders, after 30 days send 2nd membership reminder.
About 60 reminders per month sent out in total.

Send out club introduction pack to potential members. when asked or privided with contact information from committee members.

Provide address labels to the printer,for club magazine and Other Car Clubs & press.

Make Payments to the bank with any Zed money I receive, membership subscriptions by cheque. Liase with Club Shop on Credit Card payments.
Check e-mails to ensure no member application forms from web site.

Ensure the POST OFFICE pre-paid envelope account up to date. and I have stamps and envelopes to perfom my duty.

Provide members contact information to local groups and committee when requested.

Contact person for interested parties, now not as frequent due to the web site.

Organise National event Gold Cup Oulton Park, occasionallyassist the Cheshire Plainz group as less personel time available.

Regards Steve Kemp

Editor

Editor
Collect, compile, write, collate, information and articles for publication in the magazine, liase with the printers/publishers, advertisers and contributors. Edit submissions and guide designer for the general look and feel.
(15 years in the print industry helps)

Admin and moderator on Website
(10 years of network and systems admin helps)

Ins. Valuations

I do club members car valuations for insurance and letters to assist people who have written cars off etc ,have been doing this now for 10 years +++

Back