Clutch cover interchange

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Not as far as I know Moggy. I had to buy a 280ZX flywheel (of which there are two types 6 or 9 hole).

Also the machined surface for the 240Z clutch is too small for the 240mm friction plate

Last edited by a moderator:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i have got a clutch cover that is for a 260z i think with a clutch disc(225mm)but the clutch cover has a 240mm surface but fits straight on to my 240z flywheel and all the bolt holes line up ,as i always thought a 240mm 280zx clutch cover does not fit a 240z flywheel so this has confused me a little

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So you have a 6 bolt 260Z pressure plate (240mm plate) with a 225 mm friction disc and it all fits?

When I modified my engine I was told that I should use a 240mm clutch but that it would fit my 240Z flywheel. However the 240Z flywhel is machined for a 225mm disc and has a groove running around it within the 240mm diameter. That groove would impact on the working of the friction disc.

What you have seems to be a mixture of the 2 clutches and I'm not sure why you would use that. Also the 240mm pressure plate is heavier than a 225mm one.

I would stick with one or the other, not a mixture. Why are you asking anyway Moggy, what are you trying to do?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i just wanted to be sure what was what with it as i am going to sell it