Cheap 240Z

Mr.G

Club Member
Did anyone go and have a look at this Z? CLICK HERE

It looks like a nice one yet it didnt reach its reserve and the buy it now was only £2850, which is peanuts for a 240Z!

Just wondering if it needed a lot of work as it is well below the market value.

Must admit, it does look good from the pictures and I would love to have it. Need to sell my car first though which is the problem as the seller wants to sell it quite quickly, wonder how much the work will cost to do? (Would contact the seller but am not in position to buy yet so don't want to get his hopes up)

Dario

It's in the classified sections and there are a load of pictures in the gallery
Dean.

I emailed the guy asking for details of any work done, state of inner chassis legs, towers, any rust etc and he was very scant, saying he:

'wasn't a mechanic, whenever anything needed doing to it he took it to a garage but it's got a new stainless exhaust on'...that was it!!!

I pressed him a bit more but all he did was re-iterate.

Does like nice though.

hmmm local car that
watchout.gif

Looks almost like Thame high st :D

I bet Top Gear made that pipe aswell :)

Small world ennit ;)

If it was only a headlamp needed replacing you think he would have done that to get an MOT and get more money wouldnt you? Adrian

Maybe I’m wrong but the seller may have been misinformed on how hard it is to change that headlamp? After all it says some bodywork may be required? :confused:

What like drill 4 bolts out? (ASSUMING THAT’S ALL?)

Should have dropped it around Mr Bristows

Me thinks he could soon sort it :)

Tis only down the rd from there aswell :confused:

Ha...... Told ya you lardlump!,That'll teach you to knock 260z 2+2 values!
Atleast the 2+2 raised 5,000 Plus....

Who's dancin now?......He,He,He.....Oh what a beautiful mornin...

DJ Exstatic 60.:D

Sean, even though it has a sunroof that one looks as if it was a bargain!

Triple Delortos came with it too!!

Has the bottom fallen out of the market??

No Not at all George.... My Prediction was & is right! The 260z 2+2 is RARE
& the 240z is NOT. Simple as that, the U.S.A is flooded with 240's & now
they are seeking good 2+2's from U.K & Europe. That is information from
my U.S source. U.S source can also seek & source U.s Motors for import.
DJZ 60.:cool:

DJ, at least now when you sell your car, you can feed the entire family and Grolls can congratulate himself on a great investment :) !

Perhaps there are more 240Zs in a poor condition buttarted up ? It would be nice to know from the new owners of these cars, just how good or bad they are !

Your US source DJ ? I almost choked with laughter !

HI Sean.
A 240z is equally prone to the elements,as is the 260z.you are
implying,that all 240z's are concour's? Heh? All models (especially
the older one's) survive in whatever degree of preservation is accorded.
I am deeply disapointed in you ,thinking I am a comedian? I have
not got a single bone in me that can be termed 'Humourous'.(this after all
the loving tones I have used in our post's together)
My sauce in America trades under the name of: John Wayne Auto-
Mobile Phones,& certainly knows his buisness.
It was this ,very,John that supplied you with that Brown & dented
240 that you imported from the states.

DJ, it seems to be an accpted fact that 260s were built of thicker metal and are younger, therefore are less prone to rust than 240s ! Also, in the main, they haven't been driven as hard since they were bought as 'family' cars and have also not enjoyed the racing and rallying amateurs who've punished their 240s !

I know you've no humourous bones in your body - they got braoken and removed to lighten your Z load years ago and they'll do the same with your lungs soon !

And you have a lot of sauce naturally, don't go looking for a cheap US altenative to HP !

You do have some interesting points Sean,I agree the 240z is meant to be driven hard,as in a sports car . The lines however are:

Mitshubishi Zero = 240z Spitfire = 260z + 2
Winston churchill 240z Tony Blair 260z + 2
Queen Mary 240z Pamela Anderson +2

Surely you get my drift?????? DJZ 60.:cool:

If you prefer !
The Zero (like the ME109) was a better aircraft than the Spitfire, even the Hurricane did a better job in Aug/Sept. 1940 !

Same principle, Winston Churchill was better for Britain than Tony Blair although I assume you also mean that Blair was better than Thatcher (the 280ZX) ?

And the Queen Mary will still look good after another 50 years whereas Pam is beginning to sag !

Pam, can't help but sag! it's Tommy's fault......
O.K You have put up a good case in the defence of the 240Z & I am quite
impressed at your passion. I have just looked at the 'Classified section' &
240's are'nt selling in there! but the 260z's are going like Hot Cakes!

Thanks Boyd -I owe you a drink !
So DJ, even a tired old 240Z witha sunroof gets half the value of a perfect, limited mileage 260 2+2 ! What say you sir ?

Ya saying that Sean, take off the £600 he paid for brand new carbs and £240 for a stainless exhaust, well that only leaves £1610 for a car that has "little rust mainly on doors" and what does that leave you with?

A 240 that is not wanted I would suggest!

Lets just hope that the buyer has the same enthusiasm as I have over my 260 2+2 or the Z world will be a few cars lighter in years to come.

Back