Car of the Year....

That boot is like a cave! The engine is near non-existent in there. My uncle had one of these from brand new in the early 80s in a champagne colour. I'd never seen a brand new car before so I was impressed at the time, until we got our Datsun 130A (a few years old but garaged all the time because it was our nan's car and so spotless) which was the absolute best car ever until some berk rammed into us on a hill and the shunt to the chassis caused the smallest of paint stresses over parts of the body allowing the all too familiar far east rust collection agency to take over and kill the thing. Gits.

Would be good to stick a chevy plant in there. The steering and brakes would last around ten minutes but it would be fun for sure!

Superjakko
TM

Hi,
Used to have a company Ital van about 20years ago!....It went quite well as it was so light and you could have fun chucking it round the country lanes....The engine sounded like a tractor though and a serious case of understeer put it in a hedge in the Cotswolds!

Donkeys years ago a friend of mine's parents had a Morris Marina. It was the quietest car we'd ever heard - you'd have to look at the exhaust to see if the engine was running. Honest, it was ghostly!

Hi,
Used to have a company Ital van about 20years ago!....It went quite well as it was so light and you could have fun chucking it round the country lanes....

I used to like the Bedford HA van we had at work back in the '70s you could throw that round bends, it had no power so if you wanted to pass anyone you had to back off & blast through the bend & hope no one was coming the other way so you could pull out & pass on the short straight.

I used to like the Bedford HA van we had at work back in the '70s you could throw that round bends, it had no power so if you wanted to pass anyone you had to back off & blast through the bend & hope no one was coming the other way so you could pull out & pass on the short straight.

I have a work Kangoo like that today...only it's smaller than the Bedford ! My Dad had a Bedford Utilabrake (spelling ?) which had a sowing machine engine inside - we once drove up to Lancashire from London in it...on the A1 because there were no M-ways....it was cold inside if I remember and..................slow........!

Russ said:
Oooh it's an MGB without the sporty panels...
Bitch !:bow:

Back