'Californain' shell on ebay...

This one..
DATSUN 240Z 1971 CALIFORNIA SHELL | eBay

urm, not sure what to say apart from the floors and lower part of the bulkhead are see through. Needs new rear(around the lights and above).

However the part not mentioned is the large very shallow dent in the roof and the fact it looks like its had a replacement roof welded on by Stevie Wonder. It doesn't quite sit straight(to my eyes) either.

Front end of the shell looks good though.

Concourse is not what i'd use to describe it.

Nothing like a touch of hyperbole (or utter bullshit) in the description is there?...

Dear me. :rolleyes:

I recon a good bloke could make it pretty good in two days with new floors, a rare chance to buy a relatively good shell, I've seen a few s30's after blasting and most look loads worse than that, with a bit of luck no one else will like it and I'll win it for a song!

I recon a good bloke could make it pretty good in two days with new floors, a rare chance to buy a relatively good shell, I've seen a few s30's after blasting and most look loads worse than that, with a bit of luck no one else will like it and I'll win it for a song!

Mmmm... I've seen a fair few S30 shells after blasting look a lot better as well tbh

My original 260z had a better shell and I scrapped that back in the early 90s - but each to his own now at £840 not too sure why :confused:

I've scrapped a few 260's which may have been good, availability of shells will affect the price, do any of you guys have or know of a tax exempt shell in better condition? I would be willing to give more money for one, must be a 240z though.

do any of you guys have or know of a tax exempt shell in better condition? I would be willing to give more money for one, must be a 240z though.

Well it went for £1800 plus and best of luck to the new owner - was that you LJB240z?

That will end up being one expensive project (by the time the shell is properly fixed and the rest of the parts to actually make it into a car sourced)...

Actually I do know that shell - I went to see it when I was considering reshelling my car.

The bulkhead forward is like new. Sills/rear quarters are excellent too.

I'm sure it will make a nice car. the guy advertised it badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did bid on that shell, as I have enough bits including a roof to build RHD car with it and we need another in the family, I thought it would make the money as there isn't much available, My thieve it or leave it policy doesn't work well on eBay so I left it!

Back