Bye for now..........

yellowz

Club Member
Hi Guys

It is with a heavy heart that I have to put my Z up for sale as a spares or repair project.

What started out as a ‘keep it running and rebuild in the future’ project, turned into a structural repair job along the way. When the engine was removed to change the clutch and engine oil seals we began to tidy the engine bay and discovered a really terrible repair which had been covered up really well. I still got the car MOT’d even though it did not need one and the problem was not spotted at all.

Working with a mechanic I agreed to help replace the floors and bulkhead surrounding the battery tray area and then go on to renovate the car. I think I got talked into that one. Over a year later after dismantling the front end of the car no progress has been made due to lack of space and time at the garage. The idea behind the project was that it would keep moving on slowly but this has not been the case. I’m limited to less than 10 hours each weekend to work on it and now circumstances have changed it will be more like 2 weekends a month which is not what was planned. That is not tenable as a plan to own and run the car, at that rate it will be too many years before getting the car back on the road.

So it with a really heavy heart that it goes up on eBay on Thursday so I can get back some money from the project. Will be taking a real hit on the price but it now has come down to quality of life! Z is important but not that important.

Will be staying in the background and looking for another opportunity to find a Z but it needs to last a few years before coming off the road. I have learnt an awful lot by being part of the Forum, not only about Z’s, about People and Brexit to name but 2. So thanks all, the best days are school days.

I now need to save faster than the price of Z’s is going up……………………………………….

uk66fastback

Club Member
Hello Yellow, sorry to hear that. Look forward to seeing the ad, and reading more about the car. Life will change over time an you'll be back in a Z soon hopefully!

All the best ...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes, a sad time but hey better to pass the car to someone who has the time to finish it. I wish I had kept all my old motorbikes and cars but.......

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Being wise is knowing when to walk away and put energy into a more productive (read rewarding) project.
Still by far the best option is to import.
Good Luck and please keep in touch.

Fastededdie

Club Member
Iam hopefully just coming in the door as you leave but I am sure your dreams will be answered either way. Good Luck. Eddie