Brake Master Vac

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, what are the options when one packs up - what do you guys do ?

Alternatives ?

New replacements ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Don't ever change Pete - we love ya ! I'll have it BUT :

that doesn't change the thread - aside from s/h items, what does one do - this WILL become an issue in the coming years as these parts go over the 40 yr 'barrier' !

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What you do will depend on the modification level of the car it's on I reckon.

On a standard car you'd replace like for like (if available), but on a car like your's where you've got uprated brakes f and r it would be worth considering a dual pedal box.

Retain servo - differing opinions. Again it will depend on use - road, track or the balance of the mixture. I've not driven an S30 without a servo so can't comment.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Please may we assume for this thread (no upgrades mentioned) that it is to replace the servo with a servo, non-competition use in a standard or slightly modified car for occasional track-day use.

The ARE other options available but I'm talking here about +80% of applications ie like for like.

Thanks.

zbloke

Club Member
If I was looking to replace a failed vac servo I'd look at fitting one from another car, but with a twist.....

......I'd want to swap/fit the whole braking system from the doner car, disc's, calipers, servo and master cylinder, so I'd have a complete, proven, matched braking system

IMO of course

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
It looks like there are compatible remanufactured parts available:

Centric 160.88031
Cardone 53-5245
Cardone 53-5104

ra240z

Forum User
You may also use brake booster and master sylinder from 910. Bolt on, if I remember correct. Just some minor work with the brake lines.

Sorry if I have misunderstand the questione :)