brake lines

dazzibazz

Well-Known Forum User
Hi wanting some info and help.
Just in the process of building my 260z back up and have just realised I dont have a duel circuit differentional switch on my car. now it came without one and was being used without one are they essensional!! and can anyone tell me what size brake pipe to use and what size unions im a bit confused thought brake pipe was brake pipe !!!!!:bow:

I'm presuming you mean the proportioning valve. Whilst it is not essential to the operation of the brakes, without it, the front to rear brake balance will be thrown out making the car somewhat hairy under braking:eek: Oh BTW I've got one if you need one;)

There are two devices on the 260Z - one on the chassis rail just below the master cylinder which has a dual purpose: 1. to distribute to front and rear and 2. a safety shuttle valve which will cut off front or rear circuit in the event of a line failure. The other is the proportioning valve located on the bulkhead which has one straight through line to the LH front brake and the other a valve to prevent excess pressure to the rear system.

There are two devices on the 260Z .

Mike
Do the 240s and all the ZXs have this on them?
Maybe we should flag this up as I am sure a lot of people don't know this
There was a guy at Z008 who had brake line problems and nobody mention the possibility of a switch off switch

I'm presuming you mean the proportioning valve. Whilst it is not essential to the operation of the brakes, without it, the front to rear brake balance will be thrown out making the car somewhat hairy under braking:eek: Oh BTW I've got one if you need one;)
Hi Nigel by the sound of it I think ill be needing one as ive got rear disc conversion and 4 pot vented disc conversion for the front I think it will need to be balanced and saftey always comes first. How much you wanting for it . cheers daz

By the way do you know what diameter brake pipe I will need Im replacing all the lines cheers daz

Mike
Do the 240s and all the ZXs have this on them?
Maybe we should flag this up as I am sure a lot of people don't know this
There was a guy at Z008 who had brake line problems and nobody mention the possibility of a switch off switch
Hi steve Ive got some nice pics coming up for the site ill put them on as soon as cheers daz

There are two devices on the 260Z - one on the chassis rail just below the master cylinder which has a dual purpose: 1. to distribute to front and rear and 2. a safety shuttle valve which will cut off front or rear circuit in the event of a line failure. The other is the proportioning valve located on the bulkhead which has one straight through line to the LH front brake and the other a valve to prevent excess pressure to the rear system.
Thanks mike

Back