Black/brown LHD 240z resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnymd

Club Member
Picked up the second Cali car this afternoon and it's all I hoped for and more. Body is really straight and rust free. Underside also in good shape. Engine starts on the button and runs well. I drove the car around the docks before putting it on the trailer and everything feels as it should. Electrically everything works and it should go through an mot without much work if any. Dash already has a cap fitted and the interior has already been sorted so just needs a clean. Some of the weatherstrip has already been replaced along with new brake parts.

I may keep this one for myself and repainted it in its original colour which was brown.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Looks nice John, but we need more youthful enthusiasm if you are going to get this thread up to 24 pages in 4 weeks ;)

johnymd

Club Member
Looks like this ones staying black. Had a good look over the car today and it needs nothing. Looks like it's never been welded and doesn't need any. Underside looks perfect and all the panels fit great. Interior is all good and the car drives and stops nice. Engine starts and runs really well. Everything works on the car. Booked it in for mot Saturday and I can't think it will fail on anything. Paint is good enough so don't see any point in reprinting it. If anyone's interested then pm me and pop over for a look after Saturday. Open to offers.

johnymd

Club Member
Sean - I'll take a load of pictures and some video over the weekend. The car is a '72 240z with an L28 engine and weber carb conversion. Was in dailey use and has a 2015 licence tag. Has been maintained and has a new set of tyres. I was very tempted to keep the car myself as a dailey driver and hope I don't regret selling it.

I will sort the lighting and indicators for the MOT and put a front bumper on the car before Saturday.

johnymd

Club Member
i'll have to count them when i get back to my workshop. carbs that is.

not been fast enough to check how many gears but i think its 5 if you count reverse.

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
Just paying a compliment to a good condition z, I don't think Johnny is in the commuter car buisness yet don't worry ;)

johnymd

Club Member
Been tinkering with this one today but not achieved a lot other than fitting a front bumper and taking it for a blast around the estate. I'll finish off the lights, indicators and washers tomorrow.

johnymd

Club Member
Finished pretty much all the jobs on the car for the mot. Washers indicators and lights. Also removed all the window tint and jet washed the car. Removed the damaged interior trim ready for replacement. Waiting for the registration forms and visa certificate the. Ready to market.

johnymd

Club Member
IMG_0894_zpsmoipsffv.jpg

IMG_0890_zpsgtkbr7gr.jpg

IMG_0888_zpslctlg2u9.jpg

IMG_0882_zpszc37w1ih.jpg

IMG_0881_zpslbotem1m.jpg

IMG_0876_zpsma5dvlzu.jpg

IMG_0895_zpsah0hvltj.jpg

IMG_0897_zpspxkdtmsh.jpg

IMG_0902_zpsbfv4ksck.jpg

IMG_0908_zpsjcxfvhlb.jpg