Bikes

Wyn

Club Member
Ok summers on its way soon, I hope :D
Time to think about getting the ped out again
Still got a 00 900 blade but fancy something diffo now
Anyone got any good views on what to buy/ try next
Thinkin big 600+ single or twin @ 3k maybe - aka DR or TDM style this time?
Can't be arsed with race rockets atm + its nice to live lol :thumbs:

M

madmarco

I've had my eye on this beauty as my next bike. Completly diferent than any other bike and loads of fun.
hybermoto2.jpg

For 3K your choices are endless, there are 1000's of bikes available on Autotrader. Excluding the "race rockets" you can pick up a very nice DR-Z, TDM, Bandit, TL-1000, Duc 750S, CCM, etc....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Get yourself a MotoX bike and have loads of fun for few bucks.

My lad has a 125 YZ (£1200) his mate a more expensive 450 Honda. They have a great time on Saturdays trying out the practice tracks.

If you haven't a van/trailer try an Enduro.

Russ

Club Member
I still love my TL1000S, I love it and ride it 20 miles every day without fail. I reckon it's worth £1600 now and I can still spin the back wheel up if it's anything more than bone dry :)

I'd love a Mille for the looks, but they just don't sound nice enough. I'd like a Busa or a 12R as well for my 4pot fix.

I'd love that Ducati Motard just to get to work on :)

Z31TURBO

Well-Known Forum User
immaculate r1 in blue unmolested 20k miles for sale if any of you interested £3000 1999 on a t plate be very surprised if a better one out there.will stick it in the classifieds when sorted the photo's

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
I still love my TL1000S, I love it and ride it 20 miles every day without fail. I reckon it's worth £1600 now and I can still spin the back wheel up if it's anything more than bone dry :)

I'd love a Mille for the looks, but they just don't sound nice enough. I'd like a Busa or a 12R as well for my 4pot fix.

I'd love that Ducati Motard just to get to work on :)

Value for the Buck has to be the TL 1000s, you can make them handle and go like the clappers cheap. big bore full race yoshi system a little tweak here and there and peeps get worried whats behind them.;)

JakTheRuby

Club Member
All way too quick for me. Lying down forwards gripping on for dear life while a rocket powered one litre engine tries to leap out from under you seems scary. Hang on a minute... that sounds awesome! I do prefer the old school tourers though. Bit of a traditionalist me. My brother is giving to me his suzuki gs850 (1978) when he sorts out his racer... Now that is a cool bike. I've got some bloody pics somewhere i'm sure so i'll dig 'em out when i can.

Wyn

Club Member
All great bikes, esp that Duke :thumbs:
Still like the idea of a big single or twin, but more in the crosser/ daka style
Either that or go retro n buy a Kettle or H2 :cool:

Russ

Club Member
My dad has a GS 850 G (shaft drive) :) Had it since it was about 500 miles old, I've been all over Europe in the sidecar that's attached to it. I can tell the engine not of a GS850 miles away having sat right next to one for about 20 000 miles :D What colour Jak? We have a black with two blue pinstripes and a gold pinstripe.

I managed to lock the back wheel for about 25m tonight leaving work (at 11pm, I started at 9, no wonder I'm never here *sigh*) and honestly it's such a lovely bike (the TL this is) that it never seems to want to kill you, just play.

I intend to keep mine forever and ever lol

JakTheRuby

Club Member
It's black also. The pinstriping is gold and possibly red/i think, i'll dig out the photos (about 4-5mm with a gap between). It's the old shafter too and has the 2 level seat (with the diamond pattern imprint). Gorgeous hunk-o-metal. In fab nick too.

Russ

Club Member
That must be the same as ours, but we had the blue stripe. Shouldn't have said that, I know who to raid for parts one day! Hey when we inherit these old girls we should DEFINITELY meet up and cruise around late 70s style!

High res photo of a nice blue one!

http://www.tubaman.org.uk/nirvanamotorcycles/images/GS850-RB2.jpg

Look at those front discs, my rear disc must have more stopping power than those old slabs of metal lol.

This is the colour we have

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki/1980/17351_0_1_2_gs 850 g_Submitted by anonymous user..jpg

Sadly the bit needs some attention, we have a new decal kit and side panels for it one day when it gets restored (one day.... lol), it's running the leading link from forks for the sidecar still, in fact it still has the sidecar on it, which over the past 20 years may have bent the frame a little. Also has a car wheel in the back to gear it right down for hauling the side car, 3 passengers and a trailer around with :)

Sorry for the thread hijack, memorrrriieeeeeessssss!

Now Wyn, seeing as you're not bad at making things with silly engines in lol, check this out

TL1000R as a basis for a supermotard!! I love it! Only uses the original frame/engine, but what a beast!

Attachments

• Suzuki TL1000R Supermoto.jpg
    Suzuki TL1000R Supermoto.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Suzuki TL1000R Supermoto 02.jpg
    Suzuki TL1000R Supermoto 02.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8

260Z TT

Club Member
Speaking of Suzuki kettles, I have a blue '76 GT750A.
Also have a '91 Kawasaki 750 Zephyr. Would love something newer, but funds don't allow.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Here she is. Spoke to brother today. He's gonna organise it with dad to get it to me. Summer is gonna rule. It's as much of a Jap classic as i'm gonna have for a while (well, until I get some driving lessons and take m'test)!

100_0133.jpg

100_0132.jpg

100_0131.jpg

M

madmarco

That Suzuki is in beautiful condition for it's age. My first serious street bike was a 79 GS750, wish I still had it.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
It's been seriously tlc'd by my brother and old man. They are both engineers and rebuild bikes for fun (my old man's Triumph collection is pretty big). If they ever need to replace of fix something they just mill the bit themselves then it's made from new metal and will last.