Best quality carpet set supplier

Sam Pritcher

Club Member
Hi I am about to replace the carpet in my 1975 280z.
What sets have people used and found to fit well and be good quality?

I had heard Romas does good quality carpets but I messaged him and he said he only does 240z sets.

The Coverdale sets seem good but they only list 240/260/280zx (everything but 280z!)

Cheers in advance!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I’ve made my own, bought the carpet, trimmed to fit and got it whipped by the local carpet fitter. Probably £120 all in.
I had to look up carpet whipping. I didn't realise that would be an option. I'll have to put new carpets on my list now.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Place in Wolverhampton have the nearest thing to a Zed carpet with the whipped edging,I’ll get the name of em tommorrow,I’m looking for the tunnel bit off a 260 so I can take mine up there as I don’t want to leave car there as it’s a pain in the butt,had to leave the lotus cortina there back in February then go back three weeks later when finnished,works out expensive that way

Sam Pritcher

Club Member
Place in Wolverhampton have the nearest thing to a Zed carpet with the whipped edging,I’ll get the name of em tommorrow,I’m looking for the tunnel bit off a 260 so I can take mine up there as I don’t want to leave car there as it’s a pain in the butt,had to leave the lotus cortina there back in February then go back three weeks later when finnished,works out expensive that way
Do they sell carpet kits to be fitted yourself or are they an automotive upholsterers?

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’m looking for the carpet that goes over the tunnel then I can take mine up there get full set done then fit the whole lot when I get it all back,did put a wanted ad but no luck as of yet for the carpet

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So would Mine being a 75 (early) 280z be the same carpet set as a 260z?

The floor panels for the 260z & 280z (they were sold at the same time) changed in 08/76 - so your carpets should be the same as an early Euro 260z.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Plan is Mike to borrow someone’s old one they don’t want as they might want/need new carpets and then when they are ready I can just swop the tunnel carpet over without taking it off the road as I can just take the rest out as it’s a ten minute job,also looking for original or as near material to do the seats although nothing wrong with mine atm as that’s my trade shouldn’t be a problem,just getting it spik and span for when I sell it