Best place to sell a car ?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Strange question this one I know, but I need rid of an MG ZT 190 that has sat on the drive for over 1 1/2 years now. I feel it is far too good to scrap, but don't think ebay is an option for this sale & probably can totally forget the owners club because they are far stranger people than you lot !! :eek: :lol: Was thinking of facebook or local paper maybe. Any advice would be very welcome. I hate parting with/selling cars always have done.

Gumtree everytime, I've sold a few cars on there.

Usually locals with cash, no Ebay time waisting monkeys.

What year?
Is it MOTd
What miles.

Standing over 1 & 1/2 years so no mot, needs a few bit doing to be back on the road, clock reads 63k miles, it is a fabulous car to drive ( surprised me ! ) Reason taken off the road I bought a ZT 180 thats the auto version :::eek: it had only done 8,700 miles from new so I had to have it, still only has 13,700 on the clock now !! The 180 is the next for the chop though because I only potter back & too to work & it returns 15 mpg on short runs :eek:

The plan is to clear all the cars Z included & just potter about in the boring Polo from now on. Big life changes due to the all of the events of the past 2 years. :conf2::conf2:

Standing over 1 & 1/2 years so no mot, needs a few bit doing to be back on the road,
The whole MG range now has a low rent image.
No MOT means it cant be driven away by a new owner
Dont expect to get much for it.
Britain is awash with cheap cars.
Scumtree is probably your best bet.:unsure:

.....don't sell the Z - I can't see what life-changing events impel you to keep only the Polo - a Z is for life and living within.

The whole MG range now has a low rent image.
No MOT means it cant be driven away by a new owner
Dont expect to get much for it.
Britain is awash with cheap cars.
Scumtree is probably your best bet.:unsure:

I am expecting vitually nothing for the car but it is such a shame to send it for scrap. I agree with you that Britain is awash with good cheap cars & it is amazing what you can buy these days for a few hundred quid. Back in our day it was'nt like that was it ? thats probably why I cannot sent cars like these to the grave ! Have you ever driven a ZT 190 ? I do not mind admitting apart from an S30 its one of the nicest cars I've ever driven.

I am expecting vitually nothing for the car but it is such a shame to send it for scrap.

Thats OK then.
You will get what you are expecting.
Scrap prices are on the floor too.

Have you ever driven a ZT 190 ?
I do still have a little self respect left...:lol:

Simple choice to my way of thinking....
Clutter your drive and life up with scrap cars or make a phone call and a nice man with a truck will take it away.

.don't sell the Z -
Its just a car.
He hasnt driven it in years.Thats why I sold mine. He will return a profit on the purchase probably
Sell it and use the money for whatever you need or want.. Pay off mortgage, renovate the house. Help family and or friends in need, go on holday etc etc
Life is too short and fragile.

.....don't sell the Z - I can't see what life-changing events impel you to keep only the Polo - a Z is for life and living within.

Sean thanks for that.

I was tough as old boots, but you do not know the story of the past 2 years ! ( I cannot get my head around it yet.) That changes everything, at the end of the day a car is only a piece of metal ( ally or carbon fibre ) what ever. Some humans & all animals are the most treasured to me.

I seriously hope that you never end up here, If you do your will see clearly where I am coming from. A very different place !!

I seriously hope that you never end up here, If you do your will see clearly where I am coming from. A very different place !!

Share it with me - don't sit in a dark place, curled up - you're alive, breathing, mobile....chin up man !

I'm here if you want to impress me with your misery : seanz@wanadoo.fr

Cheers mate.:thumbs:

I do still have a little self respect left...:lol:

Yeah thats where it all goes wrong for the MG Rovers aswell people listen to what others say !! end of it really. Oh I do recall this happened to the S30 they have only just been recognised in the past couple of years at long last.

Sell it on Gumtree. I bought a little run around Micra, for my missus this week, which was advertised on Gumtree. Local, honest, seller.

Back