Aftermarket 240Zed Bumpers ????

SacCyclone

Club Member
Since we all know that the bumpers for a Zed are very expensive and it seems that many of our Zeds need them, thought I would start a thread about aftermarket bumpers available.

Please post your comments on your experience with aftermarket bumpers including fit / finish, availability, and pricing.

***************** FutoFab **************

This is a set of chrome bumpers that I just received from FutoFab in the states. They were in stock and shipped out in a few days. Pricing was comparable to MSA and Blackgragon at $360 each with a total of $790 delivered via UPS. They are the Euro type with no holes for rubber strips or overrider bars.

Bumpers were shipped together in one large box. The front bumper was completely wrapped with foam wrap. Rear bumper came boxed in three pieces inside the one large box. The bumper bolts to attach the rear corners to the rear center are not included. No other hardware is included, no nuts or washers etc.

The bumper metal seems a little light weight compared to factory but similar to other aftermarket bumpers for Zeds and Mustangs that come out of China. The chrome finish was good.

The front bumper went on easily with no adjustments necessary. I did use two large black heavy duty rubber bushings between the bumper ends where they attach to the fender. The bumper ends on both sides will contact your painted fender if some type of spacer is not used. I just used some black rubber bushings I had laying around the shop.

The 3 piece rear bumper went together easily. Once it was attached the the car, we did force the bumper towards the bodywork to close up the gap and allow of the attachment of the bumper corners to the rear quarter panel. The bumper needed to move about 1 inch or so. Adjustment took about 15 minutes for two of us and we used a large sledge hammer with a block of wood and heavy towel to protect the chrome. Be mindful of the brackets being forced into the bumper chrome from the inside out while making forceful adjustments.

All in all I was happy with the results and would order from FutoFab in the future.

Few pictures:

K3F0nCj.jpg

GXcWyIc.jpg

Ti0c9zF.jpg

EK1Uxn3.jpg

Swl1Ikr.jpg

DNadPSg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Great wright up!

I have to say your description of the rear bumper adjustment is a little scary as its chrome rather than stainless.

I should have asked you to measure tip to tip on the inside of the front bumper. This is where the Harrington bumper has issues, they tend to come up narrow.

Regards,

Michael

SacCyclone

Club Member
Front bumper tip to tip was a near perfect fit for me, no pulling or pushing necessary. We both commented on how great it fit on the first try.

Rear bumper...I would probably bend the brackets inward prior to installation next time. Not really that big of deal now knowing what I know about them.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
They are the Euro type with no holes for rubber strips.

This is another one of those Americanisms that doesn't really make much sense: The European market - like all other Export markets - received its S30-series Zs with 'Deluxe'/'Dx' bumpers, complete with rubber trim pieces. The holes for the optional over-riders were filled with removable black plastic plugs.

The Japanese market on the other hand always had the option of the pared-down, no frills 'Standard'/'Z-S'/'Z-std' models, which had no rubber trims on their bumpers and no holes evident in their absence. They did however retain the option of over-riders, and had the mounting holes filled with the black plastic plugs. These bumpers were also fitted to the PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R model.

Over the years in Japan it became popular to switch the rubber-trimmed bumpers on a Deluxe level Fairlady to the simpler (and cheaper...) Standard style, for a smoother and less fussy look. This is the trend that the Futo Fab - and other - bumpers are following, despite calling them 'Euro' style.

The Futo Fab "Euro" bumpers do not have the holes for the rubber bumpers, but they also don't have the plugged holes for the over-riders. This makes them look more like 'custom' smoothed bumpers than 'Standard'/'Z-S' bumpers.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Paradoxically Alan, that for the aftermarket 240Z rear lights on sale within the US - they are deemed JDM and NOT euro lights.

richiep

Club Member
Paradoxically Alan, that for the aftermarket 240Z rear lights on sale within the US - they are deemed JDM and NOT euro lights.

That's because those are JDM spec! They come with the fifth bulb in the centre for the parking lights as per the domestic fitment...

SacCyclone

Club Member
Thank you as well Alan for the information.

Yes, $720 plus shipping. Contact David for shipping charges.

David Patten
FutoFab, LLC
199 Stark Hwy So
Dunbarton, NH 03046-4411

www.FutoFab.com
email - FutoFab@gsinet.net
Telephone - (603) 774-6964
Facebook - FutoFab LLC