A returning ZX

kidda

Forum User
I recently joined 300zx.co.uk which has led me here ive just bought a ZX and i believe its an old members car from here owned by Buckaroo Banzai.

Its a blue widebody TT which i am restoring back to its former glory, i think over the past years its been abused a little but i expect to have it back to its former glory in teh next 4 weeks.

Anyway some pictures you may or may not recognise, the wheels go in in the next 2 weeks to be refinished and some paint tidied up

Attachments

• 3dd0b83d72669a1a8fa19c997204d705.jpg
    3dd0b83d72669a1a8fa19c997204d705.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 74

kidda

Forum User
How it used to look from trolling the internetything today i have managed to pool a few photos of the car

1397181_767538993295443_2341806106746621400_o.jpg

Arkwright

Inactive
welcome kidda. It was a much loved car, hopefully you will be the same with it. BB still looks in occasionally.

kidda

Forum User
Thanks chap

its still a blinding car does need a little tlc though to get it back to its previous condition but shouldnt take long its a good solid car worth the work

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
So the Blue Whale has resurfaced for air...:D

I see someone has decided to paint the wheels black, they must have got bored trying to keep them polished. If you send them back to image they should be able to strip that off, polish and apply a nano coating that stops them corroding. I dont think the nano coating was available when those wheels were purchased.

Still looks ok and you should have got a shed load of history with the car. the engine had a full 120k service with all genuine parts just before I sold it, whats the current mileage?

kidda

Forum User
Hi chap I think it's about 123k yeah loads of paperwork came with it it isn't that bad nothing too hard to fix up to get it back to form. The wheels are getting sorted locally to where I am and I trust them so I know they will do an awesome job.

The drivers tail pipe is touching the heat shield so is an annoying tap but other than that it runs great.

So are you the original owner of the car?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Kidda
I think I was the third owner from what I recall.

Think it was a civil service/ company car for the first owner. then the second owner bought it and had the body kit fitted by z centre and painted. they had the wheels made up by image with the right offset to suit the body kit without the need for spacers. he owned the car for about 4-5 years and never really used it.

Then I bought it and spent a load more on sorting the suspension, Eibach springs, linkages, bushes etc, etc. a few minor engine tweaks, lightweight pulleys, hoses, HID headlights, new immobilizer and more ......... Then I drove it.......Everywhere..!

I Sold I think in 2009 after about 3 years ownership to lad from the North east, he put it in a paint shop and had the stone chipping and general paint tidied, I think he painted the rear light panel black.

Dont know what happened to the car after that till now. Good luck with getting her back in shape.

s2k_adz

Club Member
I do love the 300ZX! I think its a much better looking car than the 350Z Roadster.

That twin turbo engine shoehorned into the bay does scare me in terms of DIY jobs though. Are they generally reliable?

kidda

Forum User
Just thought i would give you a quick update, wheels are back silver and just had the front and back resprayed. Also changed trhe exhaust to one with a more socialable note lol

2014-12-19152417_zpscf8394ce.jpg

2014-12-19152407_zps86462769.jpg

2014-12-19152349_zps512498b6.jpg

kidda

Forum User
thanks chap its getting there its not been looked after really since it was owned by Chris on here so i have had to repaint the front and back, and wheels next thing is to check the bushes on the subframe but it runs well and its starting to look good again i think

kidda

Forum User
Moving car on to the next owner I'm sure he may show up on here but thought I'd pass on some final pictures of my ownership

83cabb8b949c0791205830b39744c76d.jpg

322e0825c276700e6e9ec240c3679fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk