A rare rust free 280ZX project.....

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Kaminari kit on 2+2 exceptionally rare in UK! Shell looks good from photos...

"All " it would take would be to source a cheap rusty old 280zx and transfer all the mechanicals and trim over to the sound body shell and you would have quite a rare sound car!:driving:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hollowpoints is a 280ZX 2 seater not a 2+2
I know that Trevor Rainer used to have a Kaminari 2+2 quite a few years ago and it was sold on to someone in the West Country

Mr.F

Inactive
I discover that this is a "missing link" Kaminari. I imported this kit for the late Ken Chelton at ZXtra for one of his customers back in 1988/1989. We never saw or heard of it again. Apparently the kit was fitted by the early '90s but the project dry stored and never finished. Now here it is again!
Small world...
Someone needs to buy this - great value and, if you have a rusty old 2+2 taking up space, then this is the ideal home for its mechanical components. Or a hybrid drivetrain...

candy red

Club Member
I've got a spare 280zx 2+ 2 too go with it if anyones interested whole car body just too far gone

Derreck :unsure:

DriftBug

Forum User
1uz would be a good option and what I plan to do, their cheap, lightweight and although not massively powerful out the box they can achieve power easily and cheaply

I have one in my Sbody at the moment and as soon as I can find a good 240/260 shell I'll be wacking one in that