280zx new windscreen

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
I might be making a few people laugh with this, but is it possible to get a new replacement windscreen for the 280zx, or am I looking at finding a good quality second hand one from a breaker? Ours has a few chips and a large crack in the bottom left corner of the windscreen, which is no doubt going to spread upwards as it's driven, eventually killing the whole thing.

I believe I know where there maybe one or two but bare with me until tonight until I contact the guy tonight to check it is OK to give you his contact number as he keeps to himself and you would find him useful

No luck with anything. The poor car is sat in the rain getting wet inside through various holes now since the garage has the Z32 in it with no engine!
I think we are both coming down with SAD syndrome with this cold dark wet miserable weather!

I was sure I came across custom made windscreens on one of the big auto glass suppliers sites a while ago, but have not been able to find it, maybe I imagined it... I did spot this link on another forum, but I have had no dealings with them. You do have the old screen as a pattern so may be worth a try:

Vintage Windscreens | CCS Windscreens

Can't get me **** smaced on this thread for saying, have you got windscreen insurance on your policy£50-£75 is all it would cost for a new one,or the alternative would be some of the traders on here might be able to help you out

£80 on the screen but I thought that getting it replaced for a pre-existing damage was fraudulent?

I have been given a few contacts through z club and I'm sure that we will be sorted for one as soon as we are ready now :)

who's to know it was already there,and does it matter,if you have windscreen cover,use it,that's wot its for,

It needs to come out for the refurb anyway, as we need to have a crack at the scuttle panel, pulling this one, it will not survive, lol.

Well, tbh, after I took the electrical tape that was lining the entire windscreen off, I have the feeling that I can do one cut around the whole edge of gunk, grab it, pull, and it will all come out all the way around.

maybe a video moment?

If you are still looking I got one if you still have need, its not new as I got it from another car.
Best way I found to remove the screen is with an old guitar or bass string, E is best (the thick one) as the wire wrapping acts like a fine tooth saw blade. Use a couple of bits of dowel as handles too as saves the fingers.

Back