280zx BIG BRAKE UPGRADE KIT NOW AVAILABLE!

silverminemotor

Forum User
This is Edan, the owner of Silver Mine Motors. I just wanted to announce that we have just come out with a front brake upgrade for 1979-1983 280zx s130. Here are some details.
to order go to: Stage 4 Front Brake upgrade Kit for 280zx
Price $659
280zx stage 4 front brake kit description
This brake kit includes:
1. Enormous 4 piston calipers (43mm pistons)
2. 11.8 inch CNC drilled, diamond slotted, vented, Zink plated, and machine balanced rotors
3. DOT approved custom fabricated steel braided brake lines
4. Custom fabricated T6061 aluminum spacers
5. One pair of custom fabricated 1018 alloy steel brackets, with Zink plating to prevent rusting
6. Ceramic brake pads
7. All the needed hardware
As you can see this kit is a complete kit. There are no other parts needed to complete the installation. Installing is very easy, and can be done in less than two hours. The 4 piston calipers you will be getting have the biggest pistons available (43mm). These calipers are also available in many local auto parts stores, so replacing them is not a problem. The vented slotted and drilled rotors are professionally built with CNC machines, and zinc plated to prevent rusting. The steel braided brake lines are custom made to fit this brake kit for easy installation. They are also government DOT approved just like the stock brake lines that come on new cars from the factory today. So you can believe they will not have any problems. The aluminum spacers are made of the highest grade of aluminum on the market T6160. These spacers are very light and extremely strong. The custom fabricated brackets are made of 1018 steel. They will never rust or corrode. Just to give you an example of how strong they are, the stock brackets off most cars today including the maxima brackets have a hardness level of about 13. These brackets have a hardness level of 17. They are not hardened on the outside, so they will not snap. The metal that was used to make these brackets is made in U.S.A. and is certified by two reputable American owned alloy companies: Nucor cold finish group, and Fry steel company. Aluminum brackets are as strong as twigs when compared to these brackets. The brackets also come zink platted to prevent rusting. The ceramic brake pads are built buy centric brake company. They are very quiet and smooth. If you don't want the brake pads you can subtract $20 from the final price. I personally have this brake kit on my 280zx and it made a big difference, my car now stops on the dime. Over all it’s a great brake kit that will make your Z stop faster and better than you could ever imagine. It has bigger pistons than the $800 brake kits Willwood sells, so you do the math.

DSCF1984_zps3ec4da51.jpg

DSCF1996_zpsdae40b90.jpg

DSCF1981_zps2547ad03.jpg
DSCF1980_zps53028ff9.jpg
DSCF1983_zps6941187e.jpg
DSCF1977_zpsfc5f0845.jpg
DSCF1976_zps1a0d172e.jpg
DSCF1972_zps0cbe573f.jpg

Ian

Club Member
I'm hoping to purchase your stage 4 rear brake kit, I'm just wondering what aftermarket pads are available for it, I had a look for hawk pads for it as thats what I normally use and find them very good but they don't seem to make them for those calipers.

Also, how much lighter/heavier is this kit that the stock drum setup?

Thanks

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Very informative Edan BUT politeness may encourage you to present yourself first before indulging in free publicity however pertinent.
Merry Christmas.

silverminemotor

Forum User
Our rear stage 4 kit uses rear calipers from a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. there are many performance pads available.
I'm not sure how much heavier the rear kit is compared to your stock drums, but i know the rear kit weights about 52 pounds with everything. Weigh all your stock drum parts and post the number here.

Sean: I didn't know who to ask for permission to post the advertising. I just opened an account and made this post. i'm just trying to get the word out about our new brake kit. If I missed any steps pleas let me know.
Also do you offer advertising? My company makes 4 different brake upgrades for S30 and S130. Maybe I could have a banner on the site.

silverminemotor

Forum User
We have sold about 400 of these kits without any problems with the rotors moving. I also use these kits on all my personal s30 and s130 without any problems. Yes we do get a few calls about people who are weary, but they are usually calls from people who have not tried to install the kit yet.

This technique of adding a spacer between the hub and rotor has been done more than any other brake kit for the s30. I think that's saying enough.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Edan,

you don't NEED permission - it just seems more polite to present oneself first as a pro seller and ask where one should post to advertise - this section isn't for adverts but 'how to', advice, tutorials etc.

They'll be a moderator along soon once they've climbed out of their Christmas pudding who'll explain all I'm sure and yes, banners are available.

How much do the calipers weigh, also the wieght of the S30 brake kit calipers please - some of our French members who've bought your S30 kits have 'commented' on the heaviness of them.

silverminemotor

Forum User
This new 280zx kit uses the same exact calipers as the s30 kits we sell. I think each caliper weights around 13 pounds.

Question:
What country do most of the members of this forum live in?

Also to the moderators. If this thread is in the wrong place pleas move it to the appropriate place.