260z Super Samuri for sale

the alligator said:
Any one looking for 1974 Datsun 260Z Super Samuri (ex-Kevin Irons) or a 300ZX (not mine I can afford their commission)

Check out Brightwell classic car Auction on Wednesday 11th July 2007

http://www.brightwells.com/Default.aspx?alias=www.brightwells.com/classiccars

Out of interest can any tell me what carbs where fitted to the datsun producted Samuri's, am I correct in thinking that they where Mikuni not Webers,

Cheers The Alligator
Spike Anderson fitted Webers on the Samuris (40 DCOE).
The works rally cars had Mikuni and Fourways fitted Dellortos on the cars they modified.

Guide price £10 - £12k ??? would advise close inspection before bidding at them figures. I was offered the car a few years ago at £3,200 & left it alone, If you know Z cars you will know what I'm saying. woof woof.

Yes, pretty basic spec, lots of body-filler around the rear end at least. Old school "upgrade". Rather have the MG TF further down the list!

Mr Ex said:
Spike Anderson fitted Webers on the Samuris (40 DCOE).
The works rally cars had Mikuni and Fourways fitted Dellortos on the cars they modified.

That's the kind of statement which gets everyone believing that a car with triple webbers is a Samuri.

car dealers

whats happening out there? or is it normal, this is the 3rd z car thats been ebayed then re advetised elswhere

This is interesting, quoted from the catalogue description - "clocking up over a million sales before it was replaced by the equally successful 260Z in 1973." !

Not !

samuri-240 said:
Guide price £10 - £12k ??? would advise close inspection before bidding at them figures. I was offered the car a few years ago at £3,200 & left it alone, If you know Z cars you will know what I'm saying. woof woof.
Yep , me too. I remember it being for sale at that sort of money for ages!;)
And its a 260 too NOT a 240Z:eek:
And Kevin Irons built it ... not Spike.
Soooooooooo....... is it REALLY a Samuri????:conf2:

Well I know what I think!!:rolleyes:

Can of GENUINE SAMURI worms now open......
feel free to launch into a tirade or two:D

Legally...whomever held the company at the time of build could have called any car they touched a 'super-samuri' - no ?

zedhead260 said:
That's the kind of statement which gets everyone believing that a car with triple webbers is a Samuri.
NO IT DOES NOT, It says Spike fitted webers but so could any Tom,Dick or Rob, And that Fourways fitted Dellortos. Anybody can fit what carbs they like but those 2 companies chose to fit as above.

SeanDezart said:
Does the fact that at some time, Spike fitted Webers to this car make it a Super Samuri then ?
It depends if he fitted the rest of the kit with it.

the alligator said:
Out of interest can any tell me what carbs where fitted to the datsun producted Samuri's, am I correct in thinking that they where Mikuni not Webers,

Cheers The Alligator
My original reply was to the above question it was a straight forward question which got a straight forward reply!!

So to talk about Spike & webers = Samuri is silly talk.
As I said in post #11 ANYBOBY can fit what carbs they like.

Jeeeze, now i'm really confused as Ive seen Fourways fit Weber's.:conf2: So is it Fourways that are now making Samuri's?:conf2:

"......... fitted to the datsun producted Samuri's......." - strange term that !

But what kit (fitted only by Spike) defines a Samuri and specifically a Super Samuri ?

Can a period be defined - I guess up until he ceded the company to Kevin ?

SeanDezart said:
"......... fitted to the datsun producted Samuri's......." - strange term that !

But what kit (fitted only by Spike) defines a Samuri and specifically a Super Samuri ?

Can a period be defined - I guess up until he ceded the company to Kevin ?
Dear Sean, answer to #1 It looks like someone wanted a history lesson.

#2 there are enough old mag stories about on FFA on it's early days to know what kit I'm on about.

#3 F--k knows, but my personal opinion is only cars that Spike did.

Back